Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus and ZEOS  (Read 25527 times)

Josef Koller

Lazarus and ZEOS
« on: May 19, 2005, 08:59:56 am »
Hello,

I found yesterday the Lazarus Project and I have had tested it. Fine. I found all needed components like LazReport or a Graph-Component (TA) and the printer4lazarus-components. After the new Lazarus-Version all works fine. But I have problems to install the ZEOS Components.

I followed the steps reported here in this forum. At first I startet csv.sourceforge.net, but I only get sourceforge.net. I found no possiblity to give "anonymus, etc.

So I searched in the sofwaremap and found a link to zeosdbo_rework and I found the needed 5 files (zcore.lpk, parse.., plain, etc.).

But after click to download I only get a "text-file", no download-file like zip-file.

Than I found a patch on the ZEOS side. But it is only for ZEOS and Kylix (I have WIN32).

Can you help me to find the correct way to install ZEOS in Lazarus?

Many thanks and best regards

Josef

matthijs

Lazarus and ZEOS
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 06:10:20 pm »
I had put a ZEOSdbo_rework zip file on my ftp for someone else who could not cvs. If you want I can put it back on and let you download it.
What's in a sig? Would my posting look less if it didnot have a sig? (Free after William S.) :)

:( Why cannot I upload my own Avatar? :(

Anonymous

Lazarus and ZEOS
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 07:07:20 pm »
Hy

for getting zeosdbo_rework with cvs,  you have to put CVSROOT to  ":pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/zeoslib. In  my case this helped.

Josef Koller

ZEOS and Lazarus
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 07:49:15 pm »
Quote from: "matthijs"
I had put a ZEOSdbo_rework zip file on my ftp for someone else who could not cvs. If you want I can put it back on and let you download it.

Hi,
thanks. Where can I downöoad this Zip-File?

Best regards

Josef

matthijs

Lazarus and ZEOS
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 10:03:24 pm »
What's in a sig? Would my posting look less if it didnot have a sig? (Free after William S.) :)

Anonymous

Lazarus and ZEOS
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 12:00:30 am »
Thanks,
now I have all packages (components) I need to develope a test application. After a first look I have many problems with the ztable. for example I get the message " Dataset is read-only ". but it isn't.
than why can I select the fields for a dbgrid (in Delphi you can add or delete columns).
Than I miss a possiblity to give a display or edit mask to the fields.

How can I do this things?

Best regards

Josef

Anonymous

Lazarus and ZEOS
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 01:23:49 pm »
Hello,
I found the missing link. To edit datas I need requestlive:=true;
In Delphi ZTable has this property. I found ztable1.requestlive in the codeidentifier. But after insert in the event form1.activate (for example) I got the message: error: Identifier idents no member RequestLive. In other events, too.

What have I to do to get an editable Grid?

Other question. I built the same application in Lazarus and Delphi (A form, Zconnection, ZTable, Datasource, DBGrid, DBNavigator). In Delphi the project is 1247 KB in Lazarus 12889 (factor 10 higher).
Is that normal?

Best regards

Josef

jesusr

Lazarus and ZEOS
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2005, 09:27:13 am »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
Thanks,
now I have all packages (components) I need to develope a test application. After a first look I have many problems with the ztable. for example I get the message " Dataset is read-only ". but it isn't.
than why can I select the fields for a dbgrid (in Delphi you can add or delete columns).

So you can in Lazarus, select the grid and in object inspector search columns property, select it and click the button there, the column editor will popup.

Than I miss a possiblity to give a display or edit mask to the fields.

How can I do this things?

Best regards

Josef

Field.EditMask is not implemented (yet) in fcl/db (the package from fpc that provides db suport), Dbgrid provides a mean to set a editmask for each field using the OnFieldEditMask event, unfortunately this event is not yet published :(
It will be published in the next grid's update.

Jesus Reyes A.

jesusr

Lazarus and ZEOS
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2005, 09:49:20 am »
Hello,
I found the missing link. To edit datas I need requestlive:=true;
In Delphi ZTable has this property. I found ztable1.requestlive in the codeidentifier. But after insert in the event form1.activate (for example) I got the message: error: Identifier idents no member RequestLive. In other events, too.

What have I to do to get an editable Grid?

Other question. I built the same application in Lazarus and Delphi (A form, Zconnection, ZTable, Datasource, DBGrid, DBNavigator). In Delphi the project is 1247 KB in Lazarus 12889 (factor 10 higher).
Is that normal?

Best regards

Josef

As dgEditing option is set by default and the ReadOnly property is set to false by default too, the only thing needed is one 'not ReadOnly' underlaying dataset active and linked to the grid throught a datasource.

About the executable size, this is a topic discussed largely in the forum that only can  recommend to do a search and will find explanations and solutions.

Jesus Reyes A.

Anonymous

Lazarus and ZEOS
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2005, 08:40:10 pm »
Hi,

thanks for help. I gave the ztable1.readonly:=false-propberty to the form1.create-event and now it works.

But I found another mistake. If I change the maxsize (default = 200) of a column (dbgrid)  I got the error Access violation Press Ok to ignore ..etc. After Ok Lazarus ends with an error.

What's wrong? Any ideas?

Best regards

Josef

jesusr

Lazarus and ZEOS
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2005, 09:17:53 pm »
the problem appears when changing the columns size in the column editor or in code at runtime?

Can you please follow the procedure described in http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/kb/index.php/Creating_a_Backtrace_with_GDB and sent me a backtrace to jesusrmx [at] yahoo.com.mx .

Jesus Reyes A.

Anonymous

Lazarus and ZEOS
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2005, 10:08:15 pm »
the problem appears when changing the columns maxsize in the column editor. I haven't tested it in runtime. But I will do it.

Josef

Josef Koller

ZEOS
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2005, 11:12:15 pm »
the problem appears when changing the columns maxsize in the column editor. I haven't tested it in runtime. But I will do it.

Josef

Hi again,

I tested the maxsize at run-time. I gave a button1-onclick event the code
dbgrid1.Columns[1].MaxSize:=300;

No reaction. I only can drag the borders of the columns by mouse.

Best regards

Joef

jesusr

Re: ZEOS
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2005, 02:10:01 am »
Quote from: "Josef Koller"

Josef

Hi again,

I tested the maxsize at run-time. I gave a button1-onclick event the code
dbgrid1.Columns[1].MaxSize:=300;

No reaction. I only can drag the borders of the columns by mouse.

Best regards

Joef

The properties MinSize,MaxSize,SizePriority are supposed to work together with AutoFillColumns grid's property. An algorithm will be implemented so when AutoFillColumns:=true the grid will autosize the columns so they fill( or fit) all available space according to these properties and some rules.

At the moment the algorithm is not yet implemented, however a simpler one is used, when AutoFillColumns:=true SizePriority column's property indicates if the column should be autosized, if SizePriority is >=1, the columns will AutoSize, currently it is fixed to 1 so all columns (except fixed ones) are autosized.

Being MaxSize not used at the moment it's weird that it cause AV's, I will check this ASAP.

Jesus Reyes A.

matthijs

Lazarus and ZEOS
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2005, 10:23:32 am »
it is not as much a ZEOS problem but a dbGrid bug. :(
Jesus, I sent you a Windows bt, and I'll try to get a Linux bt as well.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018