Recent

Author Topic: OSX installation problems  (Read 8258 times)

Anonymous

OSX installation problems
« on: May 18, 2005, 08:01:45 pm »
I am very happy that it is possible to work with an ide for making pascal software for the mac. Freepascal seems like a very good idea. However.

I cannot get lazarus to work on my Mac.

I downloaded the lazarus package from the nightly buid, and ran the installer.

There is however no lazarus anywhere that neither I nor the finder have been able to locate.

No error messages were displayed during instalation.

Does this mean that the installation has failed, or are the files located in some obscure folder that I cant find using the finder?

Is there a way to know where the software was installed or if it failed without generating an error message??

certsoft

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 11:10:36 pm »
It's in directory /usr/local/share/lazarus

Unfortunately finder doesn't allow access to those sorts of directories, at least not as far as I can tell. It would be nice if the installer put a link in the applications directory.

FPC is in /usr/local/bin

mischi2

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 07:48:02 pm »
You need X11 (from Apple), gtk and gdk-pixbuf libraries installed (for example through fink, a package manager) and an installation of FreePascal. With everything set up you can start Lazarus from the X11 xterm. More details are on the lazarus wiki page: http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/kb/index.php/Installing_Lazarus#Installing_Free_Pascal_under_Mac_OS_X

For questions visit the IRC channels: #fpc and #lazarus

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 01:38:00 pm »
correction: #lazarus-ide
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

TinyPortal © 2005-2018