Recent

Author Topic: Port Jedi and Jcl for lazarus  (Read 22231 times)

ahmetnurideniz

• As you sow, you shall reap.
    • Big Student Web Site
Port Jedi and Jcl for lazarus
« on: August 16, 2010, 06:18:36 am »
i don't know is it possible but jedi is very usefull comp. set for delphi. there are more than 600 comp. if it port lazarus i thing lazarus will be best ide for pascal programing.

typo

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: Port Jedi and Jcl for lazarus
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 03:11:06 am »
I think he wants more than just jedi-sdl, moreover it should be the whole jedi package. AFAIK some of the components are ported, while others are in progress. But those which depend heavily on Windows API are very unlikely to be ported soon.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 07:54:13 pm »
I think he wants more than just jedi-sdl, moreover it should be the whole jedi package. AFAIK some of the components are ported, while others are in progress. But those which depend heavily on Windows API are very unlikely to be ported soon.

Worse, e.g. JCL depends heavily on internals like Borlands proprietary internal debug format. (many units use jcldebug, which in turn messes with the debug info, making nearly the whole pacakge dependant on it. At least it was two years ago)

ivan17

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 09:09:45 pm »
JCL depends heavily on internals like Borlands proprietary internal debug format.
can you elaborate (if you came up with that) or give us a link to where you found it (if you read it somewhere)?

jcl debug unit is used for some delphi experts, wizards and example tools (like peviewer/dependencyviewer). unit which we need ported DO NOT need it.

since jcl comes with the source code, it can be adapted for freepascal (except the windows-specific units). it's just that nobody had the time to do it. still, jcl remains a valuable source of code for me; i just paste the code into my units instead of including original units (need to fix small details here and there though).

now jvcl (visual components), that's a problem - with all the widgetset issues. don't expect the package anytime soon, but if you need just one component, take its unit from jvcl and adapt it yourself.

cdbc

• http://www.cdbc.dk
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 11:04:34 pm »
Hi
I use the JCL in Lazarus now! No worries, it's pascal, cool right...
Ps.: See Ivan17 post....
Regards Benny
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 11:13:34 pm by cdbc »
If it ain't broke, don't fix it ;)
PCLinuxOS(rolling release) 64bit -> KDE5 -> FPC 3.2.2 -> Lazarus 2.2.6 up until Jan 2024 from then on it's: KDE5/QT5 -> FPC 3.3.1 -> Lazarus 3.0

devEric69

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 06:46:29 pm »
Hello,

I'm digging up this subject, to find out if it has evolved since its creation.

I tried to install the jcl.lpk package proposed by fcpdeluxe ==> impossible to compile (and I'm not asking for help with that).
I looked in the GitHub forks of the original jcl: a lot, and I fully realize the enormity of the work to make all this code sometimes written since a very long time, compatible with Delphi and with Free Pascal, but I have find many beginning of conversions all fragmented (that still has the merit of existing, and I realize well the enormity of the work).

Basically, the original jcl resonates with compilation instructions according to this or that version of its Delphi's compiler. On the other hand, Free Pascal often defines a huge test "{else Ifdefine fpc}..." and rewrites its code, using sub-directives by presence of features in the compiler.

My question is: is there an official Free Pascal GitHub, where the jcl would be rewritten with only a Free Pascal orientation, regardless of Delphi's compiler versions?
As it stands, otherwise, I would just copy and paste bits of jcl code that interest me, in my units (like many, each on its own side :-\ ...).
use: Linux 64 bits (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS).
Lazarus version: 2.0.4 (svn revision: 62502M) compiled with fpc 3.0.4 - fpDebug \ Dwarf3.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018