Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus SQL database video tutorials  (Read 29270 times)

xenblaise

Re: Lazarus SQL database video tutorials
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 06:11:36 pm »
try to visit this post;
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,10811.0.html

:D
you might explore some ideas with the project source codes I contributed.

xenblaise

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 02:12:25 am »
And Sad to say this, THAT of all the sqlconnections?, ms_access has the weekest connection using tsqlquery in lazarus, BUT you can try ZEOS maybe they have better procedure for ms_access.

Actually my doubt about ms_access connection has a bug.
There's a bug here(commented).
procedure TForm1.Button3Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
if SQLQuery1.RecordCount>0 then
  begin
  SQLQuery1.Delete;
  SQLQuery1.ApplyUpdates;
  SQLQuery1.Close; //ms_access bug, not needed with other connections
  SQLQuery1.Open; //ms_access bug, not needed with other connections
  Form1.caption := 'DELETED';
  end;
end;

And ONLY ms_access uses the SQL extension like deleteSQL, updateSQL, insertSQL

Try to change you sqlconnection TO sqlite, if you like a standalone database like ms_access.

Sqlite is a standalone data file, like ms_access.
Sqlite offers good result in databases accessing than ms_access.
Change your flavor since your now on lazarus.
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Rocarobin

My calculation? Next year, Lazarus will be on the top 5 list of the best programming software tools.

It will burts like java, however users of java these days are not continuing to develop, as they noticed truly that java has a very slow engine and it cant be altered.

Anyway thats only my sight and software analysis. :D

SteveF

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 08:23:55 pm »
Xenablaise,

Thanks for the links -- I had already noted them, and have downloaded and will be studying them.

Please rest assured that anything I build using a Lazarus front-end will not be using MS Access for data storage.  I agree that the Lazarus/SQLite combination makes a good open-source alternative to MS Access, with similar multi-user capabilities and limitations.  If I need a more robust back-end, my choice will most likely be Firebird unless there's a specific reason to pick something else.

On a somewhat different topic, are you aware of any tutorials or examples that deal with importing or exporting SQL data to or from a different format, such as delimited-text, or DBF?  This is something I have a need for all the time, and it's easy to accomplish within the MS Access environment.  I want to be able to have the user click on a button in my Lazarus application, browse to a specific file, and transfer the data in the file into an SQL table.  Conversely, click a button, choose a folder to drop the file, and transfer the data in an SQL table or the results of a query to that file.

TIA,
Steve
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 02:50:43 pm by SteveF »

jgazquez

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 03:12:47 am »
Hello Sieward, sorry for my late reaction

I think MSACCESS support is somewhat better in Delphi, so I think, if you have to use ACCESS, you better stick to Delphi.

Does Lazarus have direct Access support or just ODBC? By the way, AFAIK accessing an Access database via ODBC you can't use VB functions in SQL.

xenblaise

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2010, 02:57:47 am »
hi
The only week part that I've encountered Lazarus+SQLdB+Ms_Access is the deletion part, as you noticed it; it closes the dataset then reopen it again.

I think you should try on Lazarus+Zeos+Ms_Access. :D

TinyPortal © 2005-2018