Recent

Author Topic: suggestion: When will Lazarus change IDE interface into Delphi2006 style  (Read 26847 times)

jixian.yang

Delphi 2006 style interface can design larger Form on netbook.
And there is a option to get the old interface.

felipemdc

• Administrator
Do you have a picture of how Delphi 2006 interface looks like?

If it is the all in 1 window look of newer Delphis, I think that the main idea is fully implementing Docking, then you can just dock all Windows to get the new Delphi style. At the moment Docking isn't fully working, so that needs to be fixed.

jixian.yang

Re: suggestion: When will Lazarus change IDE interface into Delphi2006 style
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 09:50:06 am »
All in one window seems better.
I will try.

jixian.yang

The screenshot.

TurboRascal

• "Good sysadmin. Bad programmer."™
I hope that NEVER happens :D

That's actually M$ Visual Studio style, and I personally don't like how it feels. As mentioned, Lazarus as of 0.9.30 has a nice docking feature which enables you to dock every window so you can join them all together in one. Except (thankfully) the Form Editor, and of course the component pallete (thankfully again) stays where it is.

The docking feature is still quite moody, but with some effort I've managed to group windows either in D7 or D2005 style...
Regards, ArNy the Turbo Rascal
-
"The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want." - Scotty, STTNG:Relics

JD

That's actually M$ Visual Studio style, and I personally don't like how it feels. As mentioned, Lazarus as of 0.9.30 has a nice docking feature which enables you to dock every window so you can join them all together in one. Except (thankfully) the Form Editor, and of course the component pallete (thankfully again) stays where it is.

The docking feature is still quite moody, but with some effort I've managed to group windows either in D7 or D2005 style...

The docking feature does not restore the IDE to the default IDE when it is uninstalled. The Messages window is hidden permanently & getting it back is no mean fit. See the thread below

http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,12534.0.html
Windows - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe),
Linux Mint - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe)

mORMot; Zeos 8; SQLite, PostgreSQL & MariaDB; VirtualTreeView

JD

The screenshot.

@jixian.yang

How did you do this?
Windows - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe),
Linux Mint - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe)

mORMot; Zeos 8; SQLite, PostgreSQL & MariaDB; VirtualTreeView

motaz

• http://code.sd
That's will be very nice. Is it a real snapshot?

I always searching for hidden Messages window and Lazarus main form Window in current style of Lazarus.

TurboRascal

• "Good sysadmin. Bad programmer."™
That's the docking feature in action, I've used it for a while, it was introduced in the 0.9.29. The screenshot above is easily constructed in 0.9.30 now. You must install the package (forgot the exact name) and you can use it, however be prepared to cope with some of its very strange behaviors until you get it right (I got windows scrambled all the ways around, and also lost Messages at some time and had trouble getting it back.)

@motaz, while Messages can be docked, the Main Form cannot. However it's less of a concern if you dock all the other windows together in a D2005 style. I've never had problems with that because I always switch with F12 (or the toolbar button.)
Regards, ArNy the Turbo Rascal
-
"The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want." - Scotty, STTNG:Relics

jixian.yang

When Delphi appeared as VBKiller, we think it is a greate product and even the SDI forms seems a much more advanced design than MS VS.

Of course at that time we did not ask how to design a larger form on a smaller screen and we thought the IDE form should be placed anywhere we want.

After Delphi 7, the IDE changed. Did Borland abandon a higher tchnology?
No.

1. Put the component pallete to right, because the widescreen is popular so we need not waste vertical resource.

2. IDE message form titlebar is of course waste.

3. Did we alway place the IDE forms before? No.

4. Docking is a good design.

jixian.yang

jixian.yang

That's will be very nice. Is it a real snapshot?

I always searching for hidden Messages window and Lazarus main form Window in current style of Lazarus.

Yes, but the patch is not finished, the docking is required and the form position is not right in object inspector.

Messages window is needed every time of coding. Without it the time will be wasted to find it, and it is also a waste of time to find something else.

jixian.yang

And it will be easy to show current IDE style with the new style enabled.

jixian.yang

Now, the larger form can be modified on netbook which is more portable than notebook.

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
@jixian.yang:
How do you make the design form stays on top (or did you just take the screenshot after positioning them like that)? I really like the docked version of the IDE, but it makes things difficult when I have to switch between code and form (gotta press Shift+F12 or choose via Window menu).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018