Recent

Author Topic: fpGUI Toolkit v0.7 (final release) for FPC 2.4  (Read 42398 times)

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: fpGUI Toolkit v0.7 (final release) for FPC 2.4
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2010, 03:55:46 am »
For the "full effect" with all features available, I would also suggest you try fpGUI Toolkit directly
I already did since 0.6. In fact, I want to use it for my OS (well.. when it has a drawing ability like GDI / X11). But for now, I want to convert some of my Lazarus applications to use fpGUI interface. Another good way to check for missing features or bugs.

pof7bit

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2010, 09:05:07 pm »
bernd@t40:~/Desktop/fpgui-0.7/fpgui-0.7/src\ $ ./build.sh
Compiling Release Version
Compiling Release Version
Compiling X11 CoreLib
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.5.1 [2010/07/23] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2009 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Linux for i386
Compiling corelib/x11/fpgui_toolkit.pas
PPU Loading /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.5.1/units/i386-linux/rtl/system.ppu
PPU Invalid Version 120
Fatal: Can't find unit system used by fpgui_toolkit
Fatal: Compilation aborted
Error: /usr/local/bin/ppc386 returned an error exitcode (normal if you did not specify a source file to be compiled)
bernd@t40:~/Desktop/fpgui-0.7/fpgui-0.7/src\ $

Although I am sure the answer will be "don't use 2.5.1 to compile it" I still don't understand where this error message  comes from. Specifically this:

PPU Loading /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.5.1/units/i386-linux/rtl/system.ppu
PPU Invalid Version 120
Fatal: Can't find unit system used by fpgui_toolkit

makes me wonder what is going on. It loads system.ppu and then the compiler (?) complains that it is the wrong version (?) how did you specify a "version" in the uses statement (was it you who specified this or what else was it?) and where does the version number in the system unit come from?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:09:52 pm by pof7bit »

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2010, 09:41:44 pm »
each ppu files knows which fpc version it was compiled with.

you use fpc 2.5.2, but it finds a unit that was compiled with another version of fpc. It can not use this ppu.

Either you must recompile this unit fromit's pas source to have a ppu in the right version.

or your include path is wrong. eg. your fpc.cfg point to the fpc 2.4.0 system.ppu

pof7bit

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2010, 11:54:43 pm »
I found it

I had a wrong ppc386 binary in my path for 4 weeks already without ever noticing it.

Both were from the 2.5.1 branch and therefore i did not even see it in the greeting string of the compiler. In Lazarus I had it pointing directly to /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.5.1/ppc386 and this was always the newest version matching to the same newest 2.5.1 units, so it worked there.  But on the command line it used a 4 weeks older ppc386 that happened to be in my path because I used it last month for bootstrapping the 2.5.1 svn trunk and simply did not move it out of the way afterwards. I erroneously assumed that "make install" had overwritten it already with the new version.

I was not aware that the "make install" of the compiler does not make sure the symlink (or binary) at /usr/local/bin/ppc386 is up to date.

Dibo

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2010, 06:01:34 pm »
Anyone know how to switch fpGUI style to other than windows? Like ClearLooks or Motif? Default windows style looks like from previous epoch :/

Paul Breneman

• Control Pascal
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2010, 10:49:07 pm »
A lot of the minimal distributions on this page were updated yesterday and today with Free Pascal 2.4.2 (and some with the latest fpGUI):
  http://www.turbocontrol.com/monitor.htm

This is a new page with FPC 2.4.2 and fpGUI:
  http://www.turbocontrol.com/easyfpgui.htm

Those minimal distributions include everything needed to test FPC 2.4.2 with no install necessary.

If you downloaded the i386 Win32 111310 version to see what fpGUI controls look like, you might consider downloading the new 111410 version from today.  Not only are the two simple programs from yesterday still there, but the source for the fpGUI uidesigner program is now included so you can compile and run that program.  And, of course, the uidesigner program itself is a good example of a more complex fpGUI program.
Regards,
Paul Breneman
www.ControlPascal.com

Graeme

• Graeme on the web
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2010, 11:32:13 am »
Anyone know how to switch fpGUI style to other than windows?
I haven't gotten around to implementing alternative themes yet, but I have received many screenshots send by other users that implemented there own themes.

For more details on how to changes/switch themes in fpGUI, have a look at the <fpgui>/examples/gui/customstyles/ demo.

Here is how to change the theme at app startup
Code: [Select]
  fpgApplication.Initialize;
  frm := TTestForm.Create(nil);
  try
    // Free old and set new style
    if Assigned(fpgStyle) then
      fpgStyle.Free;
    fpgStyle := TMyStyle.Create;
    // now continue with the application
    frm.Show;
    fpgApplication.Run;
  finally
    frm.Free;
  end;

Our company commercial apps can change themes at runtime via a --style= command line parameter. In the new year I'll start working on implementing some alternative themes included with fpGUI.
--
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/

Graeme

• Graeme on the web
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2010, 11:39:59 am »
Here is a screenshot of the sample theme included in <fpgui>/examples/gui/customstyles/

--
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2010, 05:16:04 pm »
I still don't understand how the theming works. I don't see anything in the example program that show "draw this button with default style, and that one with the custom one".

TinyPortal © 2005-2018