Forum > macOS / Mac OS X

Compiling an application using Lua

<< < (3/4) > >>

cybermonkey342:

--- Quote from: Leledumbo on August 10, 2010, 07:11:00 am ---
--- Quote ---Why in good heavens does SDL need X11 on a Mac??
--- End quote ---
Ask SDL developers :D
Perhaps because SDL was written before Carbon and Cocoa appear (CMIIW), and the developers thought that X11 will stay as Mac's windowing system.

--- End quote ---
Erm, the question was asked in a wrong way.
Why does SDL together with FPC need X11?
I can compile SDL applications with GCC without any problems and without the need of X11 libraries. I think that is an issue with FPC. On Haiku-OS it's just the same: compiling SDL applications with GCC is no problem, with FPC: X11 libs needed ...

Jonas Maebe:

--- Quote from: cybermonkey342 on August 10, 2010, 12:03:39 pm ---Why does SDL together with FPC need X11?

--- End quote ---

Because the "x" and "xlib" units are in the uses clause of the sdl unit for all unix platforms, even though this is indeed not necessary.

skalogryz:

--- Quote from: jmaebe on August 10, 2010, 12:55:17 pm ---Because the "x" and "xlib" units are in the uses clause of the sdl unit for all unix platforms, even though this is indeed not necessary.

--- End quote ---
wasn't it fixed in trunk?

Jonas Maebe:

--- Quote from: skalogryz on August 10, 2010, 01:42:50 pm ---
--- Quote from: jmaebe on August 10, 2010, 12:55:17 pm ---Because the "x" and "xlib" units are in the uses clause of the sdl unit for all unix platforms, even though this is indeed not necessary.

--- End quote ---
wasn't it fixed in trunk?

--- End quote ---
Not as far as I can see.

cybermonkey342:
So it is enough to remove "x" and "xlib" from sdl.pas? And have other units to be added?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version