Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mac OS X / Re: Debugger installation
« Last post by WildMan on Today at 12:41:07 am »
When I type “locate gdb” in terminal, I get almost 14,000 lines of output ; what would I search for in that?
Graphics / Re: Graphics Contest 2017, please vote now!
« Last post by lainz on Today at 12:37:34 am »
Waiting 2018 for the next graphics contest!  ::)
Third party / Re: Fpcupdeluxe
« Last post by lainz on Today at 12:36:36 am »
Just to say (the same as many other times) it keeps working very well! Enjoying the trunk-trunk with these new IDE icons =)
Lazarus / Re: Lazarus Release Candidate 5 of 1.8 (includes RC1 fpc 3.0.4)
« Last post by JuhaManninen on November 24, 2017, 11:42:17 pm »
At the end the reason for the unexpected error message was two "character.pas" files in the unit paths ...
Yes, a poorly named unit.
BTW, why do you need UTF8tools? If LazUTF8 and other units in LazUtils don't have some function, we can add it.
Third party / Big Metro - real-time metro building game
« Last post by Chronos on November 24, 2017, 11:26:40 pm »
Project homepage: http://svn.zdechov.net/trac/BigMetro

This is first release of somehow unfinished but playable game clone of Mini Metro game  https://dinopoloclub.com/minimetro/. Original idea was just for fun to re-implement that game in Pascal. Its kind of fun to build metro lines and watch trains going back and forth transporting passengers :) In real world you don't want to rebuild tube every time when a new station appears somewhere. But here it costs nothing to move and reorganize all lines. So you can always optimize your metro system for better throughput.

Its also interesting to implement zoomable map with various moving elements as software rendering and achieve lower CPU load. There are not many nice complex fully featured games created in Lazarus/FPC yet. There is a long way for Lazarus to be simply usable for game development. Even simple native multi-platform Windows/Linux/Mac sound system for games is not there. But still we can try to push things forward.
« Last post by PeterX on November 24, 2017, 10:52:35 pm »
Note, this is different from Delphi. There either a project's unit path or a global unit path is used for all library code. The global unit path is especially stupid because it pollutes the name space for all projects even if they don't need a certain library/package.
Thank You for this detailed explanation !

At the end the reason for the unexpected error message was two "character.pas" files in the unit paths ...
I was a little bit in trouble because the error message didn't say anything about the cause.
« Last post by JuhaManninen on November 24, 2017, 10:15:49 pm »
I do not need the UTF8tools in any other program. Or on design time.
So why not using the units there in the folder manually ?
I guess it works well if you use it for one project only.
Once you set the same "Other unit files (-Fu)" path for many projects, you may get strange compilation issues. It is just wrong because the feature is not designed for shared code.
Packages are for shared code! You should make it a habit to use them always.

Note, this is different from Delphi. There either a project's unit path or a global unit path is used for all library code. The global unit path is especially stupid because it pollutes the name space for all projects even if they don't need a certain library/package.
FPC development / Re: Anonymous Functions and Procedures
« Last post by Cyrax on November 24, 2017, 09:33:30 pm »
Well, take a look at codeblocks (in trunk) that is related but only available for MAC. There is work being done, however.
Do you mean the IDE Code::Blocks? If not and if you are referring to some structure that aids in emitting instructions - how is it OSX specific? Why should I be looking at this?

Looking at the code will obviously be necessary, but I need help finding my way around. That is why I asked the questions that I did.

No, he means this: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/FPC_New_Features_Trunk#Support_for_interfacing_with_C_blocks_functionality
FPC development / Re: Anonymous Functions and Procedures
« Last post by R0b0t1 on November 24, 2017, 09:12:48 pm »
Well, take a look at codeblocks (in trunk) that is related but only available for MAC. There is work being done, however.
Do you mean the IDE Code::Blocks? If not and if you are referring to some structure that aids in emitting instructions - how is it OSX specific? Why should I be looking at this?

Looking at the code will obviously be necessary, but I need help finding my way around. That is why I asked the questions that I did.
General / Re: Can someone recommend the best RTF component
« Last post by BeniBela on November 24, 2017, 08:54:15 pm »
I can't see a good RTF component for lazarus - can anyone
suggest the best one to use.

RTFM  :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus