Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: Useful Oxygene Features for FPC?
« Last post by lucamar on Today at 03:02:09 am »
IMHO when FPC could adapt these models in form of own Keywords, this language would gain more popularity.

Or one could just directly start programming in Python or whichever else they picked their "features" from :o :)
General / Useful Oxygene Features for FPC?
« Last post by Shpend on Today at 02:34:31 am »
Hello guys,

this time I really wanted to you to introduce some language-features of the latest RemObjects Oxygene Version.

I worked quite a lot since a couple of months with oxygene and I noticed some stuff which was really good but the rest cant stand with FPC so I switched back to my favor language  :P :D

Here are some stuff, which is IMHO, really useful and needed:
https://www.elementscompiler.com/elements/oxygene/language.aspx 
(all Topics listed below you can find on this specific page)

OOP-MODEL:
  1) Class Contracts:
  2) Sequences and Queries
  3) Tuples + their behaviour more important
  4) Duck Typing + Soft Interfaces
  5) Cirrus/Aspect oriented Programming
  6) Nullable Types + the ":" operator

MULTITHREADING
  1) Lock
  2) Parallelism
  3) future types
  4) await + async

IMHO when FPC could adapt these models in form of own Keywords, this language would gain more popularity.

Would love to hear from you :=)

Shpend
Networking and Web Programming / Re: Basic Indy Connection Tutorial
« Last post by avra on Today at 01:50:17 am »
If you put your code between lines

```pascal

and

```

it should be formatted nicely.
Editor / Re: remapping keys to old Borland IDE mappings
« Last post by Martin_fr on Today at 01:49:12 am »
Yes well "cursor movement" vs "text search". And the names are not the best either.
I found it by searching for the already assigned key. (there is a search in the upper right corner).

Jump forward:
Whenever the IDE moves the caret (go to declaration, search, ...) it adds a "history point"

Jump backward travels back on them. Jump forward is to jump back, like redo to undo.

If you use the editor toolbar, you can have 2 buttons for this (they should be there by default)
You can also use the 4th and 5th mouse button (if you have) like in web browsers).

And in the "View" menu, you find jump history, which shows a list of all the points.
« Last post by Bitbeisser on Today at 01:41:39 am »
Under Tools > Options > Editor > Key Mappings

search for "Jump Back" (it is under "Text search and replace commands"

Then double click it, and assign your keys.
I would have expected this under "Cursor Moving commands". And "Jump back", in connection with the similar command "Jump forward", I am not sure that this is the same command. I will try it out later though, thanks...
Free Pascal / Re: FPC 3.2.x series branched, trunk update to 3.3.1
« Last post by Martin_fr on Today at 01:36:59 am »
For Windows users: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-snapshots/files/

Those installers contain Lazarus trunk + fpc 3.2 fixes branch.

Ensure to set the checkbox "secondary installation", then they do not interfere with your stable install.
Looks very nice and tidy! Good job.
You are very kind!

why synapse and not fcl-net?
I use Synapse in applications running 24/7, and that's what I am used to. Besides, although I do not care much for Delphi compatibility any more, if someone makes Pasettimino Delphi compatible I would be glad to include the patch. I do not have anything against fcl-net. I just do not have any experience with it.

can the bit helpers be merged/patched into sysutils?
My end goal is to try to make BitHelpers part of FPC, which could probably have been guessed from it's license. I was thinking about simple unit donation, although sysutils idea also seams tempting. I wonder what would FPC developers say about it? I see less includes and out of the box experience as benefits doing it that way. Are there other benefits that I am missing? SysUtils is platform specific, so maintenance would require more effort even if BitHelpers would be split into interface and implementation include files, and there is no way I could test for all the platforms. Maybe there are some other drawbacks as well. Anyway, I do not have time to deal with that now so it will have be filed for a while.
« Last post by Martin_fr on Today at 01:30:55 am »
Under Tools > Options > Editor > Key Mappings

search for "Jump Back" (it is under "Text search and replace commands"

Then double click it, and assign your keys.
Editor / remapping keys to old Borland IDE mappings
« Last post by Bitbeisser on Today at 12:52:48 am »
Programming for 42 years and using Borland IDEs for about 30 of those, my fingers "think" in the old Borland IDE key mappings. It's simple muscle memory.

That has been a source of deep frustration when using Lazarus. The "default" key mappings are quite illogical when you have been used to different mappings for so long. However, the "classic" (which I perceived as fitting Borland) mappings aren't much better. One key command that I use(d) quite frequently, specially after a global search&replace is the good old "Ctrl-Q P" (move cursor to last position).
In the "default" mappings, it works with Ctrl-H (which is quite counter-intuitive if you remember that this is/used to be a backspace) but there is no key mapped to that command in the "classic" scheme. And there is no such entry in the Editor options to map that key myself!?!  :(

So how can this command be remapped to Ctrl-Q-P, as clearly there has to be a command, as it is performed in the "default" mappings to Ctrl-H...

thanks,

Ralf

PS: Using the "stock" Lazarus 1.8.4 release
Networking and Web Programming / lnet udp port changes
« Last post by hdw on Today at 12:44:50 am »
Hello all,
I'm programming a client software which sends and receives data to/ from an host application via udp using the visual lnet udp control. The host listens on port 49000 and responses on port 49001.
I open UDP with the host ip address='192.168.2.112' and port=49000, prepare a buffer (array of byte) and send the message:
 myUDP.Send(buffer[0],413);
The client source port (60397 see below) is obviously set randomly with the open command.
With Wireshark I see correctly:

6   5.051667   192.168.2.100   192.168.2.112   UDP   455   60397 → 49000 Len=413

Right after that the host sends the response

15   22.118306   192.168.2.112   192.168.2.100   UDP   60   49001 → 60397 Len=13

I handle the receive message in a OnReceive event.
That works fine so far when I send my message once.
But when I send the same message (same buffer) again, then the (host) destination port has changed (from 49000 to  49001):

298   70.875832   192.168.2.100   192.168.2.112   UDP   455   60397 → 49001 Len=413

which is not recognized by the host.
When I close and reopen the udp connection, then the destination port is again 49000 but another (client) source port is assigned but the host needs messages with the same client source port and host port 49000.

Any help is appreciated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus