Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: Thread Safety?
« Last post by kapibara on Today at 02:54:26 am »
Under Linux, ASerges code crashes for me at some point. Maybe I missed something when I recreated the project, could someone else test?
General / Re: When hackers talk Truth on Pascal
« Last post by Remy Lebeau on Today at 02:52:27 am »
to me, I use Object Pascal also because there are many decompilers for "C"'ish craps, so I feel more secure when I decide to publish apps

Decompilers parse machine instructions into human-readable code.  Object Pascal compiles to machine code, same as C does.  The generated machine code is usually even similar in both cases since both languages use similar base elements, just different synaxes for them.  I wouldn't consider Object Pascal to be any more secure than C when decompilers are concerned.  The decompiled code could easily be formatted in either language.
Networking and Web Programming / Re: Indy > IdMappedPortTCP
« Last post by Remy Lebeau on Today at 02:45:58 am »
Made through IdHTTPPRoxyServer.

FYI, the VStream provided by the OnHTTPDocument event is a TMemoryStream by default (the event allows you to substitute it with a different TStream object, if you want, before the data is forwarded to the next peer).  I suggest you operate on the VStream data as-is instead of making a separate copy in memory via TBytesStream.  For large documents, this makes a difference.
Databases / Re: Lazarus Firebird remote connection problems
« Last post by valdir.marcos on Today at 02:16:39 am »
Open the links I have just provided and search for "alias", you will find all information you need.

Maybe, you are going through the problem below?

Firebird and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
https://www.firebirdsql.org/en/news/firebird-and-windows-10-fall-creators-update/
https://www.ibphoenix.com/resources/documents/general/doc_476
General / Re: How to access "distant" components in GUI
« Last post by taazz on Today at 01:56:25 am »
Thank you taazz,

Please, can you explain me the logic behind positioning the brackets the way you do? I don't get it. Or if you know the part or what shall I read in the fpc reference manual that actually treats this basic matter it would be very helpfull. Thanks again.
the language operator, as, is used to type cast a type in to an other and the syntax is, SourceObject as TargetType, the brackets around the expression is to instruct the compiler to use the Sourceobject as the memory address for what follows the dot instead of the targetclass/type, in your case the SourceObject is the result of the method ParentForm.FindComponent that can not be splited on the dot, findcomponent does not exists with out parentform, and parentform outside the brackets can be translated as a hard cast from the compiler.
Networking and Web Programming / Re: Indy > IdMappedPortTCP
« Last post by RDL on Today at 01:43:39 am »
Made through IdHTTPPRoxyServer.

It turned out so:
Code: Pascal  [Select]
  1. procedure TfrmMain.IdHTTPProxyServerHTTPDocument(AContext: TIdHTTPProxyServerContext; var VStream: TStream);
  2. var
  3. BS: TBytesStream;
  4. S: String;
  5. begin
  6. BS:=TBytesStream.Create;
  7. BS.LoadFromStream(VStream);
  8. S:=BytesToHex(BS.Bytes);
  9. BS.Free;
  10. end;
The variable S contains the entire answer in Hex and with it I then work.
I do not know how much this is correct, but this method works and gets the whole answer.

Thank you!
« Last post by Raul_ES on Today at 01:32:32 am »
Thank you very much ASerge.

For some reason I find myself very often with this situation, having to access a parent component from it's container. It's a kind of common problem in the way I use to design gui's. I'll study your example to refine my design skills. Regards.
« Last post by Raul_ES on Today at 01:25:57 am »
Thank you taazz,

Please, can you explain me the logic behind positioning the brackets the way you do? I don't get it. Or if you know the part or what shall I read in the fpc reference manual that actually treats this basic matter it would be very helpfull. Thanks again.
Editor / Re: Auto stop before running?
« Last post by Martin_fr on Today at 01:21:16 am »
Well you can map both to just one key. See macros.
General / Re: Cannot find unit file
« Last post by kjteng on Today at 12:56:56 am »
Ctrl + Enter still works for me on Lazarus 1.8 (and also in trunk).
Although I always use the third method (iii) Putting the cursor on the filename and pressing Alt + Arrow up.

I use the Alt+Arrow up and Ctrl+Shift+Arrow down a lot for jumping through the source.

Edit: Ah, I see the problem. You HIGHLIGHT the filename. That's not needed. But you are correct. That "was" a bug because in trunk it works again.
Thanks. That clears my doubt.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus