Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
FPC development / Re: create system unit from scratch
« Last post by Key-Real on Today at 10:34:10 am »
I gonna implement only the minimal requered code in the system unit

pls explain what  type

1)  jmp_buf
2) TExceptAddr
3) TGuid

do and what is minimal implementation of thouse.

I found https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/System_unit

but there is no detailed explanation
Networking and Web Programming / Re: Who is Indy mattias?
« Last post by JuhaManninen on Today at 10:25:55 am »
What is the exact error message?
Mattias Gärtner has built the release packages of Lazarus for Linux and MacOS. His home path must be left somewhere although I don't know how it can affect the compilation of your project.
Hello,  you can use {$I %CURRENTROUTINE%}, more info: https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/prog/progsu41.html#x48-470001.2.41

Here there is a example: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=49837.0

/BlueIcaro
Beginners / how to get class and method name from inside the method
« Last post by Joanna on Today at 10:04:21 am »
hello i want to get information about where in program an error occurs for instance
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. PROCEDURE TWINCONTROL_HELPER.CREATE_THIS_CONTROL(CONST TYPE_TO_CREATE:TGUI_CONTROL_CLASS;
  2.             VAR THIS_CONTROL: TCONTROL; CONST THE_NAME: SHORTSTRING);
  3. BEGIN
  4. IF (THIS_CONTROL <> NIL) OR (TYPE_TO_CREATE = TCONTROL)
  5.    THEN begin
  6.         ShowMessage('error in -> '+'PROCEDURE TWINCONTROL_HELPER.CREATE_THIS_CONTROL');
  7.         EXIT;
  8.         END;
  9.  END;
is there any way to get the "PROCEDURE TWINCONTROL_HELPER.CREATE_THIS_CONTROL" string by some other means so i can sent it to an external error showing procedure such as

PROCEDURE SHOW_ERROR (CONST ERROR_MESSAGE);
BEGIN
showmessage(error_message);
halt;
END;
Beginners / Re: [Solved] Find child controls by name
« Last post by Joanna on Today at 09:53:43 am »
i remember a long time ago i was creating many copies of the same control and it gave me a duplicate name error and i had to add code to give each one a unique name. maybe something has changed since then.In any case i always name my variables now.
Databases / Re: Step-into the field setter
« Last post by ginoo on Today at 09:28:40 am »
Resolved.
Now what I do is try to find the bug I found zeos 8 with the calculated fields (I try). For those interested in trying to solve it I also wrote an example that reports the problem.

https://zeoslib.sourceforge.io/viewtopic.php?t=199037
Databases / Re: Database standards OR Am I doing this right?
« Last post by egsuh on Today at 08:56:31 am »
I think the program should be designed not to try to edit the same record and field by two or more users simultaneously. Let's assume that user A and user B have opened the same record, and they change the same record and update. Even after user A updated the record and committed, user B is looking at the old data (because it is under different transaction), which is before changed by A. And if the user B update it again, then A's modification would be lost. This is nonsense. So, once A opened a record, B should not permitted to view or at least change the record. If two or more users HAVE to access the same data and modify them (e.g. one person edits unit cost for a product, while another person edit production volume for sales), the two fields should be in different tables. Users can see the whole record combined, but do not edit the same field at the same time.
Debugger / Re: FpDebug unexpected Assembly window upon 32bit program start.
« Last post by Marc on Today at 08:46:38 am »
There already is a command that does exactly this "focused behaviour"

Any user can go to there keymap, and reassign F7/F8 to the focus sensitive command.

https://wiki.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Assembler#Using_the_same_or_different_keys_for_Pascal_and_ASM_stepping

Assign F7/F8 to the marked entries of the keymap

Aahhh.... thanks
Networking and Web Programming / Who is Indy mattias?
« Last post by jollytall on Today at 08:26:24 am »
I have just installed first the OnlinePackageManager and then from there I installed indylaz. I added it as a requirement to my project and tried to compile a program that worked before I totally reinstalled Lazarus. Now I get many errors, like

Error: /home/mattias/tmp/lazarus-project3.0.0/lazarus-project-build/usr/share/lazarus/3.0.0/lcl/comctrls.pp... and specific details.
and a lot of Liner warnings.

Is it possible that in the package the developer's folder remained as a hard coded name, or I do something wrong?
General / Re: How to: create DLL file for Windows 10 64-Bit Pro
« Last post by KodeZwerg on Today at 08:17:30 am »
@440bx, okay since you are not stopping to blame my code, you have my full working testcode, make it crash boom bang, can you?
If you managed to make it crash, show what you modified that it can crash.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

TinyPortal © 2005-2018