Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hi,
is it true that on W10 you cannot access the screen border like the way this little program does it?
Can anybody confirm this? I've heard that some time ago...

So this program will not work with W10?

Thanks in advance...
General / Re: Superscripts and subscripts
« Last post by wp on Today at 10:01:38 pm »
Why don't you think of html? The TurboPower IpHTMLPanel comes along with the standard Lazarus installation and is used to display the codetools popup help windows. Look at the attached sample.
General / Superscripts and subscripts
« Last post by William Marshall on Today at 09:49:49 pm »
     I'm planning to use chemical formulas extensively in a project, so I'll need the ability to format text containing subscripts and superscripts.  I've installed RichMemo, and according to the wiki entry I should be able to write something like the following to format H3O+ so the '3' is subscripted and the '+' is a superscript:

Code: Pascal  [Select]
  1. RichMemo1.Text := 'H3O+';
  2. FontParams.vScriptPos := vpSubscript;
  3. RichMemo1.SetTextAttributes(1, 1, FontParams);
  4. FontParams.vScriptPos := vpSuperscript;
  5. RichMemo1.SetTextAttributes(3, 1, FontParams);

But the compiler says VScriptPos, vpSubscript, and vpSuperscript do not exist.  Am I missing something?  Or are these parameters not actually implemented?  Is there an alternative to RichMemo I can use?  I've looked at TRichView too, but I can't afford it.  (Does it even work with Lazarus?  Or would I need Delphi?)  I've tried to install lzRichEdit, but I get a message that "lazrichedit does not have any 'Register' procedure".
     I'm using Lazarus version 1.6.4 and Windows 10.
General / WPO and SmartLinking whole RTL and used dependencies
« Last post by therifler on Today at 09:41:46 pm »
Hi there,
I'd like to ask how to make whole program optimizations for RTL and all dependencies (I know it will take a lot of time to compile project this way). I figure out i have to copy rtl and dependencies (for specific platform and architecture) to other folder and include it in uses and includes path. But this is extremely uncomfortable...

Also, how to smartlink RTL and dependencies? Every time I tried it did not work. Application size did not change.

Please help ;)
General / Re: lazvcl-1.0 and macOS 10.12
« Last post by GillesH on Today at 09:31:37 pm »
Thank you for your answer, Phil.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html
  • Unlikely this works. It is reasonable to assume that a 64-bit version will be installed with the dmg. And Lazarus only compiles in 32 bits... which is already problematic with many librariries proposed by default  >:D
  • Why install all the software while a few libraries are sufficient ?
Still I need to know :
  • What version of the VCL libraries are  compatible with the Lazarus component ?
  • If  these libraries are compatible with Mac OS 10.12.5
The better it would be a response from the creator of lazvcl-1.0 : https://github.com/alrieckert/lazarus/blob/master/components/vlc/lazvlc.lpk [7/11/2012 !] It was OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
Or another more recent approach ... and maintained. It's  economically absurd to use packages that are no longer maintained since eventually we are sure to become incompatible with the current OS. That is true for  Linux and Mac OS. The Windows programmers do not encountered this problem with their Windows API.

Regards. Gilles
Graphics / Re: Graphics Contest 2017
« Last post by lainz on Today at 09:14:24 pm »
Hi
I believe all ready late for this graphic content , but I want to ask when will be the next one. I'm graphic designer and looking for contests like this. Can you please let me know?

Remember that's a graphics contest with programming if you don't already know it.
General / Re: snmpwalk code?
« Last post by vonskie on Today at 09:11:38 pm »
Incase anyone else runs into this issue this is what I did and how I got it to work without walking the whole tree.

lMessage.Text := 'Getting MAC Port List...';

baseoid := '1.3.6.1.2.1.17.4.3.1.2';
  oid := baseoid;

walkmemo.Lines.Add('Port' + #9 + 'MAC');
  repeat

snmpResult := SNMPGetNext(oid, snmpval, ipaddrval, s);
    if (SNMPResult = True) then
      begin

if Pos(BaseOID, OID) <> 1 then
      break;

mactemp:=midstr(oid,length(baseoid)+2,length(oid)-(length(baseoid)+1));

List:=TStringList.Create;
     List.Delimiter:='.';
     List.DelimitedText:=mactemp;

for macindex:=0 to 5 do
     begin
       if macindex=0 then
       begin

macaddress:= inttohex( strtoint(list[macindex]),2);
       end
       else
       begin
       macaddress:=macaddress +':'+ inttohex( strtoint(list[macindex]),2);
       end;
      end;

walkmemo.Lines.Add(s + #9 +   macaddress);
     application.processmessages;
     end;
  until not snmpresult;

lMessage.Text := 'Complete!';

General / Re: Making a .DEB?
« Last post by lainz on Today at 09:11:30 pm »
It's really easy to make a deb, check this
https://github.com/bgrabitmap/lazpaint/tree/master/lazpaint/deb

You need a folder structure, then simply call:

dpkg-deb --build foldername
General / Re: Making a .DEB?
« Last post by Phil on Today at 09:06:40 pm »
Waiting for enlightenment from the knowledgeable folk here.

For future reference, if you create your project with this package, not only do you get a truer cross-platform app, but you also get installers for all 3 platforms automatically:

https://macpgmr.github.io/MacXPlatform/LazXProj.html

For now, just look at the makedeb.sh script in the scripts subfolder.

Also, since Lazarus is distributed as a .deb, presumably it has a script somewhere that builds the .deb - you could take a peek at that too.
General / edge or level triggered
« Last post by Blestan on Today at 08:35:21 pm »
is rtlevent edge or level triggered.. i.e can i wake only 1 thread on a single event set?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus