Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: Error while linking (Ubuntu)
« Last post by mdalacu on Today at 07:50:15 am »
I am using it without problems on Ubuntu 17.10 x64 Lazarus 1.8 and fpc 3.0.4 on 2 machines.
I have install it using fpcupdeluxe.
LCL / Stop compilation for LCL 1.8 and greater ?
« Last post by BBasile on Today at 07:26:42 am »
Today i 've been surprised to see that it's not possible. I expected something like

Code: Pascal  [Select]
  1. {$IFDEF LCL_VERSION>1640}
  2.   {$STOP 'not compatible'}
  3. {$ENDIF}

But well, there's nothing like this that works for me
General / Re: SQLite Locate RunError(203) problems
« Last post by Thaddy on Today at 07:22:02 am »
You may try  SetProcessWorkingSetSize(MainHandle, $FFFFFFFF, $FFFFFFFF) ; after a certain number, but the heap may still be fully locked in which case that does not help too much.
But in effect your design is wrong for a BigQuery, because you use Pascal operations on the buffers instead of SQL operations.
Next and Locate work on the Pascal level and on internal buffer. If you simply use Select queries and views instead there is no heap problem, even with millions of records.
In effect: that's what Sql is designed for.
General / Re: Recompile the RTL to debug
« Last post by molly on Today at 07:04:02 am »
Any suggestions as to another way to try and tackle this particular problem ?
Sorry, no i don't know. Hopefully someone else is able to shed a light on that

And putting all that aside, thanks heaps for your very professional help. I would have absolutely no chance of getting even to where we are now without your help.
Thank you, but it wasn't really professional because in that case i would have fired up my mac (to make sure: which i haven't) and tested it myself. I also missed the bug-report that Cyrax mentioned  :-[

As additional information. You can use readelf (provide options --debug-dump your-executable) to see if debug info was attached to your executable. There is also another tool that is able to do that for you named dwarfdump. Both tools should be available on your system (provided that you have mac SDK installed).

Thank you for your testings, reportings and patience  :)
Other / Re: I have written an e-book for beginners!
« Last post by dbannon on Today at 07:00:48 am »
Ah nsunny, no !

can provide me some {INSTALL} instructions for Mac

As I noted at the top of the page about installing on Mac, its not hard but it is tedious !  Its not Lazarus/FPC's fault, there are just heaps of other things, XCode, Brew, gdb that have to be installed AND got working and there are lots of steps. And that page is not all, it links to a couple of other, quite detailed sets of instructions. Sorry, thats just how it is. Its a pity.

Disclaimer - I wrote much of the new content at the top of that page.
« Last post by dbannon on Today at 06:51:38 am »
Advises Molly -

In that case i would advice dbannon to (unfortunately) sit things out for the moment.

Yep, looks that way. My underlying problem is a memory leak in TTrayIcon, an LCL component. Any suggestions as to another way to try and tackle this particular problem ?

https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=32678

I'll put a note on the wiki page about installing on a Mac warning people of both issues, might save someone else from spending the time on it that we have !

I guess the output from the test programme you posted today could be a useful addition to https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=32775

And putting all that aside, thanks heaps for your very professional help. I would have absolutely no chance of getting even to where we are now without your help.

David

LCL / Re: Proportional form resizing
« Last post by hukka on Today at 06:41:00 am »
@hukka: You can override the ChangeBounds method and modify the AWidth and AHeight params.

Perfect, thanks very much for your answer!
« Last post by dbannon on Today at 06:36:37 am »
OK -
Code: [Select]
/fpc-usr/3.0.4debug/lib/fpc/3.0.4/ppc386 -glh -gw -godwarfsets -O- -dDEBUG mollytest.pas
compiled OK and when run says -

Code: [Select]
Retrieving debug information failed
Heap dump by heaptrc unit
3 memory blocks allocated : 84/88
3 memory blocks freed     : 84/88
0 unfreed memory blocks : 0
True heap size : 360448 (16 used in System startup)
True free heap : 360432

Thats not very encouraging, is it ?

Nothing very interesting in the logs, its using the newly compiled units, its using the right fpc.cfg file.

Davo
« Last post by molly on Today at 05:33:54 am »
Thank you Cyrax, my rss feed-reader seems to have skipped a couple of numbers  :-[

Bit strange though as there was a discussion somewhere in 2008 about debug support for Mac. Perhaps i misunderstood the thread or things have changed in the mean time.

In that case i would advice dbannon to (unfortunately) sit things out for the moment.
« Last post by Cyrax on Today at 05:22:30 am »
I would suggest testing with FPC trunk compiler, too. Things related to lineinfo, heaptrace and debug info might be fixed there.

EDIT : https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=32775

It seems that there is no fix in there, yet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus