Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Graphics / Re: Modern UI in Lazarus
« Last post by Blestan on Today at 03:54:01 pm »
hahaha .... 99.99% will be testers :)))
seriously - first we need an ide, obviously we cannot use lazarus  exept just for text editing and compiling :)
General / Re: Manually editing the lfm file - change doesn't show in IDE
« Last post by Handoko on Today at 03:45:46 pm »
BTW, I was editing the lfm file in the IDE source editor (not an external editor) so I would have assumed that any changes to the lfm file would have been picked up immediately by the IDE.

I consider it is a bug, or at least there should be a reload project feature. Maybe you can submit a feature request.

http://bugs.freepascal.org
« Last post by dculp on Today at 03:40:04 pm »
Yes, I realize there's potential danger.

Closing Lazarus and restarting refreshes the IDE to agree with the modified lfm file.

BTW, I was editing the lfm file in the IDE source editor (not an external editor) so I would have assumed that any changes to the lfm file would have been picked up immediately by the IDE.

« Last post by Handoko on Today at 03:21:57 pm »
I think we should create a team to handle this massive project.

I can be a tester for Linux (Ubuntuish) machines.

We need:
- Lead Programmer / Team Leader
- Graphics-related programmers
- Testers from different OSes
- Documentation editors
- lots of programmers
FV/Textmode IDE / Re: Patched FV to compile in ObjFPC
« Last post by jc99 on Today at 03:12:59 pm »
@marcov
About unicode...
Sorry, i think you got me wrong, i wasn't talking about converting all strings to unicode,( Though it would be a nice thing, but i know it's a long and stony way there, because of the problems you mentioned. Widestring can be an alternative since s[] works there, so you only have to mind that char is byte and widechar is word at least.)  no i was talking about are unicode-strings or widestrings generally supported in FPC-mode ?

One step at a time...
+1 from me (I am happy for every step)

...I prefer delphi-mode too ...

BTW the platform.inc only supports delphi to version 5 (DELPHI5/VER130). Should newer Delphi-versions be supported ?   

« Last post by Blestan on Today at 03:12:55 pm »
all of you that are saying that css/html rendering must be implemented from scratch are trying to reinvent the wheel :))) or at least skia ... the rendering engine of chrome ... pretty big task without the support of some of the major players  >:D

the only reasonable way to go is opengl as backend and on top of that to build gui elements not dependent of any os specifics like fluid gui in the pixel32 editor years ago...
i contacted several times the author of pixel32 t ask if he can open source the gui but without any success
« Last post by lainz on Today at 03:10:24 pm »
Note that it is more than just painting pixels in the same way.

The rules for positioning items and the nearly default vertical scroll option for html documents must get their place if this is going to succeed.

And just painting pixels in the same way is not easy (and painting as fast). For example chrome uses Skia Graphics Library https://skia.org/

Of course the rules must be the same, else we don't get a compatible design. Even if doesn't support javascript, have a way of accessing the DOM and the style with pure pascal (with all JS methods to do porting of existing code possible).
General / Re: Multithreading with Synaser/Synapse
« Last post by Blestan on Today at 03:08:42 pm »
In my code CurrentComAccess is just the (temp) result of icx, not the shared variable. The shared variable (private ComAccess: Integer;) is defined as variable of the thread class, is this 'global' enough?
no its not global at all  every thread instance will have it own variable and you cannot do sync like that :))  at least define it as class var :)))
BGRABitmap and LazPaint / Re: BGRA SVG
« Last post by lainz on Today at 03:04:42 pm »
Hi, maybe yes or maybe not, but circular (author of bgrabitmap) can see or not this (depending if he enters or not the forum), please add this to the issues on GitHub
https://github.com/bgrabitmap/bgrabitmap/issues

And maybe he get's a mail with a notification.
« Last post by Handoko on Today at 03:02:51 pm »
You must delete the lib subfolder.

Sounds logical.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus