Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Windows (32/64) / Re: Lazarus IDE won't start on Windows 7 64bit
« Last post by Handoko on Today at 03:45:05 pm »
Another important point, is that it is not really the IDE that I want to get running.

It is just an application build with Lazarus that needs to run on several machines.

So did you mean, the applications build using your Lazarus installation cannot run on (some of) the computers?

In this Lazarus Application Gallery, has a list of software built using Lazarus. Some of them provide executable binary, you may try to download the exe and test running on your computer:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Application_Gallery
General / Re: copy MemoryStream to StringStream
« Last post by taazz on Today at 03:42:32 pm »
I meant a crash by range exception if sValue = ''
Oh! that makes sense and an expected behavior.
General / Re: copy MemoryStream to StringStream
« Last post by BeniBela on Today at 03:38:41 pm »
I meant a crash by range exception if sValue = ''
« Last post by taazz on Today at 03:32:05 pm »
if it refuses to start and all dependencies are in place then some sort of exception before the main exception handler is in place? In any case I can try to upload somewhere an exe of lazarus 1.4 or 1.6.4 debug build to see if that makes any difference and if it does then you can try to open and debug the IDE it self from lazarus to see where it fails.

By the way there is fpcUpDeluxe (search the forum) as well that can download and build fpc and lazarus from svn you could try that too.
« Last post by jstraarup on Today at 03:19:18 pm »
I have tried depends.exe ( http://www.dependencywalker.com/ ), and it did not report any missing DLL's (besides the few, it always says is missing). The result was identical on both a working machine, and a bad machine.

I will give DependsTester a shot though.
Portuguese / Re: thread
« Last post by anderbelluno on Today at 03:10:12 pm »
Obrigado a todos por responder.
Kapibara, vou fazer uns testes aqui como vc disse.
Gostaria de pedir como seria um bom exemplo de thread.
Na verdade estou montando um programa que verifica um arquivo no server, quando sofre alterações devo ler este arquivo, atualizar o banco de dados com as novas informações e devo também verificar se um pc está ligado.
General / Re: lazvcl-1.0 and macOS 10.12
« Last post by GillesH on Today at 03:02:23 pm »
Hello Mig,

I do not really understand what you said (probably my bad level of english). I used Lazarus for a long time when I was a teacher. But now manager of a small development company, I am not looking for an academic model, but a business model.

Anyway, I will not leave my codes in all hands, although I am able to encapsulate codes and components without giving their source. But that would be a financial charge. In France, we already have enough expenses not to add others !

So the intervention of third parties seems to me indispensable, that of the editor or the designer of the IDE is certainly the best solution. But for the safety and the sustainability of each, the "framework" of the interventions must be defined by contract. It's what I am looking for.

For example, I'm looking for a component to generate pdf. Here is my request of 02 November in the sub-forum "Lazarus » Miscellaneous » Jobs".

There was no contract, perhaps just a possibility. Yet I proposed. I'm still without such a component. I address myself to whom now ? I assign one of my developers to this work ? - developper, who I remember , is working primarily on Qt.  Totally unprofitable.

Currently, the worry is that I wonder how I could work with Lazarus without condemning neither my security to develop nor the profitability of our work. All the more so as I recall that for now, the search for a 2nd IDE is "to guarantee our backs" if Qt was a problem.

Regards. Gilles
« Last post by taazz on Today at 02:59:28 pm »
Yes, I can look at the antivirus logs (McAfee VirusScan Enterprise), to see if it blocks anything, and it does not appear to block anything.
But I can not change any anti-virus settings - and getting a folder excluded, is next to impossible (believe me).

I do not believe this is caused by anti-virus anyway. We have very similar machines, where it works nicely.

I believe it is most likely some DLL mismatch, or deep surveillance software that affects it (but probably the first).

The computers are not available before Monday. So I'll return Monday, with new info.

@garlar27
It was a fresh install of Lazarus IDE - yes. Not the computers.
I have had this problem from the beginning. It never did run on these two machines.

I have not run Lazarus IDE from the console; normally Windows programs do not throw messages to the console in my experience, so I did not try it.
I have tried to run the app in question from the console. Nothing. It just quits.

I have also tried to run it through process explorer - but I have not been able to decipher anything from the output. Seems to just shut down.

I appreciate the surprising amount of nice response to my question :-)
use https://github.com/robertmaynard/DependsTester for a bit of more insight.
Lazarus / Re: Lazarus Release Candidate 2 of 1.8
« Last post by JuhaManninen on Today at 02:59:25 pm »
Maybe having 2 Lazarus folders/EXEs, one with AnchorDocking installed and one without it would help you as well.
Yes, and using separate configurations for them with --pcp=...
Then a docked and non-docked layouts must be configured only once.
That is a workaround however.
Making the IDE aware of AnchorDocking settings also when AnchorDocking is not installed sounds like a right solution.
Maybe there can be default Load and Save functions that only retain the data. Then AnchorDocking can register its own Load and Save functions.
« Last post by jstraarup on Today at 02:56:52 pm »
Yes, I can look at the antivirus logs (McAfee VirusScan Enterprise), to see if it blocks anything, and it does not appear to block anything.
But I can not change any anti-virus settings - and getting a folder excluded, is next to impossible (believe me).

I do not believe this is caused by anti-virus anyway. We have very similar machines, where it works nicely.

I believe it is most likely some DLL mismatch, or deep surveillance software that affects it (but probably the first).

The computers are not available before Monday. So I'll return Monday, with new info.

@garlar27
It was a fresh install of Lazarus IDE - yes. Not the computers.
I have had this problem from the beginning. It never did run on these two machines.

I have not run Lazarus IDE from the console; normally Windows programs do not throw messages to the console in my experience, so I did not try it.
I have tried to run the app in question from the console. Nothing. It just quits.

I have also tried to run it through process explorer - but I have not been able to decipher anything from the output. Seems to just shut down.

I appreciate the surprising amount of nice response to my question :-)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus