Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: Ubuntu Launcher not using OnShow
« Last post by KarenT on Today at 05:31:30 pm »
It is really simple to show a hidden window from another application so it would also be very simple to bypass the password.

Thanks, but I am not concerned with someone messing with it like that. I just don't like that OnWndowStateChange shows the sensitive data while waiting for the password. No point getting a password if stuff can be read anyway.

Using OnWndowStateChange is too much brute force as I cannot do anything with that Main window without that event triggering.

This is only happening in Ubuntu/Linux as the windows version behaves as expected when changing WndowState. It seems Uniuty's Launcher is immune to good behavior, or Lazarus/FPC is incapable of joining in with Unity and playing nice. :)

I cannot even intercept it with the "Message" process.
I'm using the latest stable version Lazarus/FPC. Do you mean to download and install the trunk Lazarus/FPC?
Unfortunately, the term "stable" might not apply to Cocoa widgetset. Using trunk version for Cocoa is preferred

I will add that the icon did not exist. It was supposed to come from the source folder, but it wasn't there. However in Linux it did not cause the failure.
on Cocoa (and macOS) in general, the executable is not located in the source code. Instead it's located within a bundle (a special directory structure).
The image should be placed within the same bundle into a resource directory.
Thus the code that loads an image
Code: [Select]
  Icon.LoadFromFile('icon.png')
would not work for OSX (unless you change current directory to the resource directory of the bundle) .

Yet again,
Code: [Select]
TrayIcon.Icon := Application.Icon;
should work just fine. (and it does work fine for Cocoa trunk)
The line shouldn't cause an error on macOS.

Could you please update cocoa widgetset to the latest revision and try again?
I'm using the latest stable version Lazarus/FPC. Do you mean to download and install the trunk Lazarus/FPC?

I will add that the icon did not exist. It was supposed to come from the source folder, but it wasn't there. However in Linux it did not cause the failure.
LCL / Re: how to disable directive
« Last post by Thaddy on Today at 04:21:14 pm »
ahh, good to know there is such a construct, now how I make sure it does not work in my units?
Define in your main program. (*.lpr or the one that says program...) that will override it. Otherwise you can't override the command line.
Note this ony works for -ALL- units, NOT the main program. Defines in the main program override the command line instead.
well as long as the define is explit inside the unit then I argue it should take presence over all command line arguments but hey not interested enough to debate about it.
It does not....as per my example....Only the main program file overrides the command line.
You can't have it both ways...
The line shouldn't cause an error on macOS.

Could you please update cocoa widgetset to the latest revision and try again?
General / Re: Insert check mark symbol
« Last post by lainz on Today at 03:32:07 pm »
I've tested that character on Windows 7, Windows 10 and Ubuntu, and these have it with the default font.

You can just copy and paste it in the lazarus source code editor, place it in a constant or variable to use it quickly.

Edit, I'm using like this:

Code: Pascal  [Select]
  1. MDBUTTONBALLOTBOXWITHCHECK: string = '✓'; //'☑';
« Last post by wp on Today at 03:31:25 pm »
on windows there is handy utility called character map
Not only in Windows, also in Lazarus: Menu "Edit" > "Insert from Character Map". Keep page "Unicode" selected, in the combobox "Range" scroll down to "Dingbats". Find the checkmark in the 2nd row. Just click on it to insert it in the code editor at the current cursor position.

Or, in code, you can add it to a string like this
Code: Pascal  [Select]
  1. const
  2.   UTF8_CHECKMARK = #$E2#$9C#$93;
  3. var
  4.   s: String;
  5. begin
  6.   s := UTF8_CHECKMARK + ' This item is checked.';
BGRABitmap and LazPaint / Re: Material Design
« Last post by lainz on Today at 03:12:09 pm »
Thanks. I've changed it.

Edit: I've added a 'Drawings' demo, showing how to draw shadows, I will use that to make the new "emoji" buttons.

A thing I must improve is the shadow. Is possible to 'Blur' only a specific area of the image, to do it faster? I don't like the result of 'rbBox', for that I'm using 'rbFast', but is somewhat slow on big images.

I see that there is 'ABounds'. Maybe I can split the image in 4 and blur only the corners, at least for the 'round rect' option? What do you think?
« Last post by exdatis on Today at 03:08:44 pm »
Thank you very much!
Best regards
« Last post by taazz on Today at 03:04:05 pm »
on windows there is handy utility called character map open it select a font that supports the character (https://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2713/fontsupport.htm) and copy it from there. Keep in mind that the font you use on your app must support that character too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus