Recent

Author Topic: Identifier not found  (Read 6975 times)

BobD

Identifier not found
« on: April 24, 2005, 12:43:56 am »
I just installed laz 0.9.6 on Mandrake 10.1

In trying to compile a test app with just the default form and nothing else I get

(in unit GTKProc)
 the error:
Error: Identifier not found "XOpenDisplay"

I presume I need to enter a lib path in the compiler options but which one?
or is this something else?

Thanks,
Bob

glober

Identifier not found
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 06:23:38 am »
Just an idea, but do you have Gnome installed or just KDE?  Lazarus depends on the GTK library which is used by Gnome.  You can check
install requirements at  http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/kb/index.php/Installing_Lazarus

Marc

• Administrator
Identifier not found
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 06:57:43 pm »
what fpc version ?
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

BobD

Identifier not found
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 10:34:44 pm »
Quote from: "Marc"
what fpc version ?
I have fpc 1.9.8

Bob

BobD

Identifier not found
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 10:36:48 pm »
Quote from: "glober"
Just an idea, but do you have Gnome installed or just KDE?  Lazarus depends on the GTK library which is used by Gnome.  You can check
install requirements at  http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/kb/index.php/Installing_Lazarus

YEs, I have both KDE and Gnome.

Bob

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
Identifier not found
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 09:59:36 am »
It is strange that gtkproc is recompiled, when you compile your application.

Somehow the compiler is given the path to the source of gtkproc, and that should not happen. The compiler should have the path to the gtkproc.ppu and gtkproc.o. Normally this is done by adding a dependency to the LCL in the object inspector.

Did you add the path th lazarus\lcl\interfaces\gtk in the compiler options or the fpc.cfg?

BobD

Identifier not found
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 04:50:06 pm »
Quote from: "Vincent"
It is strange that gtkproc is recompiled, when you compile your application.

Somehow the compiler is given the path to the source of gtkproc, and that should not happen. The compiler should have the path to the gtkproc.ppu and gtkproc.o. Normally this is done by adding a dependency to the LCL in the object inspector.

Did you add the path th lazarus\lcl\interfaces\gtk in the compiler options or the fpc.cfg?
At this point I've tried so many path additions to both compiler and environment that I don't recall specifically.
This is my third attempt at installing Lazarus and each time I have gotten various path or permission errors when I try to compile.

I am using Mandrake 10.1.

I'm apparently doing something wrong with the install that is causing these difficulties.  I have followed the install instructions for Mandrake that I have been able to find but they seem to vary and are mostly anecdotal posts in this or other forums. I'm not sure how I am *really* supposed to install this package and there seems to be no central location of documentation on how to do it that I have been able to find.  But, each time I've installed I've had "can't find ____" or can't access ___" type errors.  

If there is some documentation that is complete and applicable to a Mandrake 10.1 install and includes information on setting environment and compiler path options I will read it and start over, if possible.

Otherwise, I think I should stick with Kylix that is running okay on my Mandrake 9.1 machine and wait until there is a more mature lazarus release or better documentation.

Thanks,
Bob

TinyPortal © 2005-2018