Recent

Author Topic: Informatio about the English version of the Lazarus book  (Read 12789 times)

Editor

Informatio about the English version of the Lazarus book
« on: June 05, 2010, 06:04:06 am »
For further information please go to:
www.delphigg.nl or www.hcc-pgg.nl (Dutch)
www.blaisepascal.eu (English)

Editor

Re: Informatio about the English version of the Lazarus book
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 09:19:21 am »
Dan zul je ook moeten kijken wat ervoor krijgt.
En dat is nogal wat:
een werkende USB stick van 4GB of CD's
en alle dranken en etenswaren zijn verzorgd.

thierrybo

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 12:51:08 pm »
I wanted to order it but i'm stuck with the order process, it seems not trustworthy with plenty of php errors messages.

ik

• ik
    • LINESIP
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 01:47:39 am »
does the book contain also documentation about Object Pascal or just about working with Lazarus ?

idog

• www.idogendel.com (Hebrew)
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 04:04:36 am »
does the book contain also documentation about Object Pascal or just about working with Lazarus ?

From what I can understand in the German table of contents, there are about 20 pages in the book dedicated to the Object Pascal language. This means a very concise summary at best.

I wanted to order it but i'm stuck with the order process, it seems not trustworthy with plenty of php errors messages.

Me too!

Editor

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 03:12:19 am »
Could you please tell us what the errors are and where?
Office@blaisepascal.eu

idog

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 04:49:44 am »
Could you please tell us what the errors are and where?
Office@blaisepascal.eu

When I go here:
http://www.blaisepascal.eu/index.php?actie=./subscribers/lazarusbookinfoEnglish

and click the "ordering" link near the bottom, I get a page with normal title and side bars, but in the middle there's this text:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warning: include_once(./subscribers/subscription_mainpageUKPaypalPage2.php.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/blaisepasc/domains/blaisepascal.eu/public_html/index.php  on line 145

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening './subscribers/subscription_mainpageUKPaypalPage2.php.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/blaisepasc/domains/blaisepascal.eu/public_html/index.php on line 145
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: And when this page works, how do you handle shipping abroad?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 04:52:50 am by idog »

Editor

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 12:57:12 pm »
Thank you for your help.
The shipping is done by post.
If that is what yor asking for...

idog

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 04:06:32 pm »
The shipping is done by post.
If that is what yor asking for...

I didn't expect you to come over here personally to deliver the book  :D

What I meant is, will your web site tell me in advance exactly how much I need to pay for shipping? I guess it will, considering the international audience for this kind of book... just wanted to make sure.

Editor

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 04:52:36 pm »
If you would go to our shop at the website there are all the details.
You can have a pre order etc.

1. With a sewn binding, paperback edition with laminated cover, printed on  FSC certified paper.
2. With a sewn binding hard back.
3. Collectors Edition. Hardback book presented in a slipcase.

idog

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 06:23:56 pm »
Ok, I see the store now...

22.5 Euro for shipping?! Wow, that's almost how much I saved by not buying Delphi... but seriously, this puts me way over the no-customs limit here, which means I'll end up with over 78 Euro total. That's... well, it's not you fault, but that's a lot for getting one book, and I only want the soft cover  :(

Can I at least have the option to pay in USD instead of EUR? It'll help me with the accounting...

Edited: Oh, and one more thing - is that regular registered airmail or by some courier company? Because the latter add costs of their own.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 06:26:39 pm by idog »

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 02:10:07 am »

From what I can understand in the German table of contents, there are about 20 pages in the book dedicated to the Object Pascal language. This means a very concise summary at best.

You are correct, in Chapter 1 there are about 20 pages which form a very concise summary about Object Pascal. But it does cover a lot of parts, even if quickly in each of them. It covers most basic types (integers, floating-points, c-compatible integers, records, sets, arrays, pointers, etc), function declaration, constants, the layout of a unit, basic RTL units, object orientation, memory allocation and the Format function.

In Chapter 6 there is a short 10-page summary about which classes and units are available in the Free Pascal RTL and FCL.

Various other parts of Free Pascal RTL and FCL are described in places like:

* Chapter 5 describes a little bit of platform-specific programming for each platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)

* Chapter 8 covers, among other things, how read and write files, using the basic routines (Assign, ReWrite, Reset, WriteLn, ReadLn, Write, Read, etc), as well as with Streams and how to connect both methods.

* Chapter 10 explains threading

* Chapter 4 explains the different project types that can be created with Lazarus and so it explains a little bit of each. For example, how to create a DLL library.

Editor

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 05:10:26 am »
The shipment  will be done by regular post.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018