Recent

Author Topic: working with reports.  (Read 12027 times)

+Pablo

working with reports.
« on: April 13, 2005, 01:42:47 pm »
[EDIT By Pablo]

When I run lazreport this only run a emply form1 no the designer, hope can helpme

excuse me my english

Best Regards,
Prudencia al hacer las cosas.... Y mas Prudencia.

Joerg

lazreport
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 02:32:55 pm »
I always have problems with this component. It will work unfortunally not on all computers, wich I tried. In one case it will work. In other case it will not compile before installation. The message was: ..\LR_Desgn.pas(45,5) Fatal:Syntax error,"=" expected but "identifier FTEMPLDIR" found. So I don´t  can install the component. On the other computer I installed without errors. In moment I don´t use the component, because my source needs so much work  before. I hope it will work when I need it.

+Pablo

working with reports.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 02:47:23 pm »
thx for the reply, but I need use this component or other method to get the output in reports, right now I have problems installing a components too, I dont know but in my house I can install a interbase, sqldb and others components perfecty

what is the green arrow in the files, when you install a package?

I compile and click in install and when lazarus ru again no appear the new component?

I read the who any times  :oops: [/img][/url]

+Pablo

working with reports.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 04:08:31 pm »
I compile and click in install and when lazarus run again no appear the new component?

I read the who any times

the folder have read only settings, for this when I rebuild the IDE no  appear the lazarus.old.exe

Joerg

working with lazreport
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 09:32:19 am »
I donwloaded the updates from lazreport (CVS) today. Now the comiling is without errors. And it will install. But Lazarus will not start after installation. This strange behaviour I have seen in a earlier version too. I wrote this in the mailing list last week, but there was no response. So I believe that the mistake is not important for the most user. Perhaps Oliver can say something about this, I hope so.

jesusr

Re: working with lazreport
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 04:26:03 pm »
Quote from: "Joerg"
I donwloaded the updates from lazreport (CVS) today. Now the comiling is without errors. And it will install. But Lazarus will not start after installation. This strange behaviour I have seen in a earlier version too. I wrote this in the mailing list last week, but there was no response. So I believe that the mistake is not important for the most user. Perhaps Oliver can say something about this, I hope so.

Please, tell the compiler version (and date) that are you using, docs/readme.txt contained wrong information but has been updated now. Specially, fpc 1.9.8 and any fpc 1.9.9 before 2005-03-15 will not work because it hasn't needed variants support.

Also Printers4Lazarus is now included in Lazarus in components/printers directory, this is the most updated version and this should be used.

Unfortunately, I don't have the problems you describe, neither in windows or linux so more information is required, Lazarus will not start is not enough information to reproduce the problem.

Please help us to track down the problem in Lazarus or LazReport  providing a backtrace, for more information see http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/kb/index.php/Lazarus_Documentation

Jesus Reyes A.

Joerg

working with reports
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 05:24:53 pm »
I use the newest download (dayly rebuild for win32). I think on this way I should have the newest compiler version. The version is 0.9.7 from yesterday. I have a WinXP home version with SP 2.
Unfourtnally I can't tell you more. The installation was fine. But after that was only the start image of lazarus showing and then was end. With make I can build a version which start again, but wihtout the Report component only.

jesusr

Re: working with reports
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 06:52:41 pm »
I use the newest download (dayly rebuild for win32). I think on this way I should have the newest compiler version. The version is 0.9.7 from yesterday. I have a WinXP home version with SP 2.

if you have downloaded lazarus from www.ca.freepascal.org/Lazarus/, then I guess the compiler is ok, I don't use that release though, I update from cvs. Anyway. you mentioned before that you use lazreport from cvs which it's ok too.

Unfourtnally I can't tell you more. The installation was fine. But after that was only the start image of lazarus showing and then was end. With make I can build a version which start again, but wihtout the Report component only.

This sounds like there is no printer4lazarus installed, what about the printers, have you installed printers4lazarus from lazarus components/printers dir?.

anyway, you can tell us more if you want, I already provided the link to Lazarus Documentation, see specially the link on how to create a backtrace, this is very helpful to find quickly the problem.

Joerg

working with reports
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 11:18:39 am »
The printer package is installed. And only with this component the installation of Lazreport will work correct.

The Documentation contains a small points for backtracing. I'm new on this and with these points I can't  do a backtrace. Each examples:
1. You must have the gbd programm...
Ok! I donwloaded it. But it seems to me, that is only for Linux. How can I get a Windows version. Or how can I create from this code a Windows version?
2. You must set the path for gdb...
Wich patch needs gdb?
There is no explaination for it. I will make a backtrace, if I know how. Is it possible to make a backtrace from lazarus.exe?

matthijs

working with reports.
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 11:38:47 am »
Under windows gdb.exe can be found in $LazarusDir/mingw/bin. On the documentation pages is a backtrace-HOWTO, I have not tried this on Windows meself. (The debugging under Windows is a bit less then it is under Linux. :( )

[edit]A link to Creating a backtrace
What's in a sig? Would my posting look less if it didnot have a sig? (Free after William S.) :)

:( Why cannot I upload my own Avatar? :(

Joerg

working with reports
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 01:04:41 pm »
Now I have a bugtrace. I will send it to the mailing list too.
Now the messages from gdb:

(gdb) run
Starting program: F:\PROGRA~1\Lazarus/lazarus.exe

Program exited normally.
(gdb) bt
No stack.
(gdb) run
Starting program: F:\PROGRA~1\Lazarus/lazarus.exe

Program exited normally.
(gdb) quit

F:\PROGRA~1\Lazarus>gdb lazarus.old.exe
GNU gdb 6.0
Copyright 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-mingw32"...(no debugging symbols found)...
(gdb) run
Starting program: F:\PROGRA~1\Lazarus/lazarus.old.exe
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---b
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00409793 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00409793 in ?? ()
#1  0x0041ee5e in ?? ()
(gdb)

You can see that after installation lazarus exited normaly, but it should start and not exit. With the lazarus.old.exe I tried to install the report component. Now we can see an error.
I hope it will help.

Joerg

TinyPortal © 2005-2018