Recent

Author Topic: Using WinAPI  (Read 11975 times)

+Pablo

Using WinAPI
« on: April 11, 2005, 03:31:30 pm »
Hi I am From Venezuela, for this Sorry my english.

I right now working in my senior proyect and need a open source for develop this, I search and a guy in IRC channel speak me about Lazarus (thanks LordHarry  :wink: ), Very good tool!

I need test this for I only have 18 weeks for finish this, so I dont want lost the time, I need if can use the complete win32 API with dont problems?, I am a user of c++builder 6.0 but the company dont have a this tool, and dont want get this... (or Delphi) :(

if I no finish my project I no graduated, I am Fear this.

for this I thing in Lazarus.  :P  

My current solution is firebird with lazarus.

thanks for the board.

Best Regards,

Pablo A. Castillo
Prudencia al hacer las cosas.... Y mas Prudencia.

matthijs

Using WinAPI
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 04:04:56 pm »
It is possible to create a application which connects to a firebird server. But why do you need the complete Win32 API? What functions would you want to do with API calls?
What's in a sig? Would my posting look less if it didnot have a sig? (Free after William S.) :)

:( Why cannot I upload my own Avatar? :(

+Pablo

Using WinAPI
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 04:20:00 pm »
Hi, thx for the reply, The problem is I am a c++builder and in my programs I use borland VCL + Win32 APi, I want use this so in Lazarus too, In the case for Date formating, and more..

thanks again for the reply.

Best Regards,

matthijs

Using WinAPI
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 05:50:43 pm »
First of all, remember Lazarus is meant to be platform independant. That's why you won't find any WinAPI calls in the Lazarus sources. In the case of Data formatting have a look at "standard" variables like "ShortDateFormat", "LongDateFormat", "ShortTimeFormat" and "LongTimeFormat". For these functions it is absolutely not necessary to use any 'fancy' API-calling. :D
What's in a sig? Would my posting look less if it didnot have a sig? (Free after William S.) :)

+Pablo

Using WinAPI
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 07:04:09 pm »
Perfect You have a new member in your Lazarus community!

Best Regards,

Lightning

Using WinAPI
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 12:46:02 pm »
For firebird you can use the UIB components, you can also use winapi but this is not recommended as Lazarus is CrossPlatform and your DB apps will run on Linux, OSX and *BSD too, wich is a great advantage.
If you really need some api calls you have to use their counterparts on every platform wich is more coding ...
Please check the Lazarus source code to learn more about CrossPlatform techniques if you are stuck to API, though as matthijs said, you don't need fancy API calls to get the date ;)
The future must be... Fast and OpenSource so...
Think Open and Lightning Fast!

+Pablo

Using WinAPI
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 03:16:53 pm »
Hi again, the link for UBI Component are broken. can help me with this?

the link:
http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Web_Links&file=index&req=visit&lid=15

matthijs

Using WinAPI
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 04:00:28 pm »
Just have a look in the components directory from Lazarus. All components you need are there. When you want to use Lazarus with Interbase have a look at this page. There you will find how to install the needed packages.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018