Recent

Author Topic: lazarus webbrowser control to login and search strings on webpage  (Read 9392 times)

jw

All the examples show how to open local html files can I open www dot google dot com?

I've looked at Indy , and Lnet to do the http requests but am failing.  can't get indy installed and Lnet examples crash with error creating SSL CTX.

What I want to do is make a program that scrapes the text off of a webpage like a text based browser.

So with it I should be able to log into my yahoo html based email account and scrape information off the page and notify me if I've got new mail.

Is shelling out or tprocess the browser and redirecting the page back to my program the way to do this?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 07:26:46 pm by jw »

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: can IPro open url's ?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 04:47:09 am »
Lnet examples crash with error creating SSL CTX.
What version do you use? I used to get that too but I forgot what I change so that it doesn't crash. Try using the fresh 0.6.4.

jw

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 02:15:25 pm »
lnetbase 0.6.4
lnetvisual 0.6.4

fpc 2.2.4
lazarus 0.9.28.2 beta

windows xp

jw

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 02:26:12 pm »
Just installed openssl and it compiles and runs now.  I wanted a stand alone program can I still do this with lnet?

jw

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 07:24:40 pm »
ok finally settled on gecko it's very much like vb's webbrowser control once it's up and working.  I'm now looking for the commands to fill out the form for logging into the email then check if word or string is on page.  So search for email and see if text after mail is >=1  Any ideas?

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 07:28:59 pm by jw »

jw

Re: lazarus webbrowser control to login and search strings on webpage
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 02:39:06 pm »
been researching this and still can't get gecko to do what I want.  The delphi examples have gecko wrapped up in an activex control.
http://delphi.mozdev.org/articles/taming_the_lizard_with_delphi.html

and he's useing edit menu commands invoked via IOleCommandTarget!?!?!? what's this????
don't we use the clipboard unit??

Looking through gecko source code it seems if I include the librarys

nsGeckoStrings and BrowserSupports

then I should have the power to fill out internet forms with the name and password and search for text.  Unless I'm missing something!?? Isn't gecko a full blown mozilla browser capible of remembering passwords and finding text on a webpage?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018