Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus trunk problem - projecs can't compile if path contains special chars  (Read 21275 times)

Paul Ishenin

Please know if you are using lazarus trunk and fpc 2.4.0 you are not able to compile lazarus projects which have spaces and other special characters in the path. This problem affect only linux and osx users (well, all unix like systems). The problem is in fpc 2.4.0 and already fixed in fpc trunk. Therefore if you are using fpc trunk or fpc on windows you will not notice the error.

To workaround the problem save your project to the path without special characters or switch to fpc trunk.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 03:19:19 pm by Paul Ishenin »

sasa

This perhaps can be partially solved if Lazarus do not send full, but relative path to resource compiler. Usually, project's main directory name may constain spaces and most of sources including resources are in the main directory.

On Windows, running external executable assume also sending working directory for that application by Shell function and thus is enough to send also relative path with filename for the parameters application will use. If that is the case on Linux, problem can be avoided.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 09:33:37 am by sasa »

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
I cannot agree with "partially solving".If there's bug in rtl it must be fixed, especially for basic things like spaces in paths/filenames.

sasa

Of course, however if this proposed solution works, it may help for large percent of cases...

Anyway, I simply cannot believe that such elementary bug exist in "stable" FPC 2.4.0...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 10:55:15 am by Sasa Zeman »

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
There's even more "elementary bugs" ...

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
Of course, however if this proposed solution works, it may help for large percent of cases...

Anyway, I simply cannot believe that such elementary bug exist in "stable" FPC 2.4.0...

The recently found and fixed problems are all in the new (in 2.4.0) resource support, not in the rest which is stable.

The problem with the new resource support is the fact that Lazarus only started testing with it in afaik november 2009.

Paul Ishenin

We started testing it earlier but lazarus developers did not test projects with > 256 lfm resources and with paths with spaces :)

lukasz.matuszewski

I actually found a problem compiling zeosdbo 6.6.6 on windows which i worked around by changing path to path not containing special chars so i guess that problem is also in windows envirnoment :(

tatamata

• ZMSQL - SQL enhanced in-memory database
That's right! Me too...Could not install Zeosdbo...

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
We started testing it earlier but lazarus developers did not test projects with > 256 lfm resources and with paths with spaces :)

Afaik you fixed most of it while Joost, Marc and I were at HCC. Which is end october or begin november.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018