Recent

Author Topic: break point found in unit lclproc after clean install of Lazarus 0.9.28.2Beta  (Read 5591 times)

acp693

Hi, I just did a clean install of Lazarus on windows version 0.9.28.2beta fpc 2.2.4.

After compiling and running a large project, the program stopped at line 1486 of Unit LCLProc. After puzzling over this for a few minutes I realised that there was a break point inserted at this line. This break point must be in this unit as supplied, can anyone else confirm this?

regards

Albert

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Breakpoint can not be stored in pascal units.

They are part of your project settings (*.lpi or *.lps files). The files are XML, and in the same directory as your lpr file.

In order to get a breakpoint "installed" with lazarus, you would have to open a project that came with lazarus. But then this breakpoint should go, as soon as you open another project.

You can check if your project has settings for such a breakpoint.

You can also go to Menu -> View -> debug windows -> breakpoints to verify there is a breakpoint.

acp693

Hmm, that's strange, I certainly haven't put a break point in Unit LCLProc. I have never even opened that unit before. What's more, just before I uninstalled the previous version Lazarus 0.9.26.2 Beta, I had compiled and ran the said project without any problems. I'm puzzled. Anyway it's not serious, I just thought someone had left a break point in that unit, but I realize now that's not possible.

Thanks and best regards

Albert

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Well in theory some one could have.

If you opened any example, or the lazarus project itself, then you would open a lpi/lps file that comes with lazarus.

I haven't checked all of them, so I do not know if they are all clean.

Only that alone wouldn't be enough. Because if you close the project and open yours, then the breakpoints will be removed.
Of course, if there was a bug, and a breakpoint survived between 2 projects....
But how likely is that?
If you did open an example or any lazarus include project, then check there first.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018