Recent

Author Topic: AppVerifier helper [fpcdbg]  (Read 5072 times)

Chainfire

AppVerifier helper [fpcdbg]
« on: August 04, 2009, 05:17:20 pm »
You may be aware you need to use AppVerifier on WinCE/Mobile apps before you can put them on MS's new application store for Windows Mobile. AppVerifier however seems to refuse any sort of debug output you can get FPC to generate - at least for me, perhaps someone else can get it to work?

To resolve this I made this small fpcdbg tool. I didn't intend to release it but perhaps it can be useful for some people here. It takes your DBG output file (I personally use -g -gl -gh -Xm -Xg for debug builds, but probably just -gl -Xg will do the trick) and AppVerifier log file and combines the data so you can actually use it.

If you do not want to do this, it can also resolve any address in a DBG file to a dir/file/func/line without using the AppVerifier logs.

When used properly (barring issues), it should change content in the AppVerifier log file from this:

MyApp.exe!(null) + abcdh

To:

MyApp.exe!myObject::myMethod(mySourcefile:line~distance) + abcdh

Where mySourcefile may include directory, and distance is byte distance of the address vs. the DBG data returned (which is usually not interesting).

This has only been tested on one project, I don't know if it will work for you or not. Hopefully it will and it will be useful for you.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018