Recent

Author Topic: No Fonts with FreeBSD  (Read 7179 times)

thasmudyan

No Fonts with FreeBSD
« on: December 24, 2003, 04:26:34 am »
I compiled Lazarus for FreeBSD 5.2 and - to get the obvious stuff out of the way - it compiled fine, runs without a hitch and compiles projects no problem.

BUT I can't edit the font type of components neither with the Properties Editor nor by assigning font names at runtime. I think I installed all required packages. The font settings are just frozen, read-only.

Also, I cannot change the widget type to anything else but "default (gtk)", but I would very much like to use qt or at least gtk2. When I do change this setting, the compiler cannot find the unit Interfaces. Are those problems connected?

Marc

• Administrator
No Fonts with FreeBSD
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2003, 12:04:55 pm »
AFAIK, at the moment the font settings are locked the the theme settings. So changing them has no effect

You can't use QT, the interface is outdated and probably wont compile

If you want to use gtk2,  my guess is that the LCL needs to bve recompiled, but I don't know the proper instructions for that.
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

thasmudyan

Doctor, is there something you can do about it?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 01:00:07 pm »
Hm... I really like Lazarus, I would very much like to develop applications with it, but this is kind of a showstopper.

AFAIK, at the moment the font settings are locked the the theme settings. So changing them has no effect

*If* I were to change that, where in the codebase would I have to start looking/modifying? Is it even possible?

Speaking from an enterprise point of view, QT is important. Is there someone working on QT bindings?

Marc

• Administrator
Re: Doctor, is there something you can do about it?
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 03:28:51 am »
Quote from: "thasmudyan"
Hm... I really like Lazarus, I would very much like to develop applications with it, but this is kind of a showstopper.

*If* I were to change that, where in the codebase would I have to start looking/modifying? Is it even possible?

I guess that it is possible, since in the past it was possible. I've no idea where to look (it's not my area)
Maybe ask the mailing list.

Speaking from an enterprise point of view, QT is important. Is there someone working on QT bindings?

AFAIK no.
We were alos a bit waiting on FPC2.0 since rumours were that then external C-object calling was supported. Now all QT calls have to be "flattend".
If you have serious plans for implementing the QT interface, ask the mailinglist.
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

TinyPortal © 2005-2018