Recent

Author Topic: Help... please  (Read 6902 times)

elliott

Help... please
« on: May 12, 2009, 11:15:06 pm »
Hi, I am new to this program... and have been told there is a tutorial sort of thing to help 'newbies' to this program... please could somebody post a link to this supposed tutorial?

Thanks a lot...

Arminius

Re: Help... please
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 11:25:11 pm »
I cqn only recommend you the great video tutorials on 3DBuzz (www.3dbuzz.com) . They're high-res so you can see the code typed in. Just register an account for free (just the professional 3D Modelling tutorials cost something...).
I learned the basics of Delphi language in under a week...
Check it out and just tell me if you have trouble!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 04:52:30 pm by Arminius »

Troodon

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 12:48:41 am »
Lazarus/FPC on Linux

Irvine

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 09:06:55 am »
I am also new to Lazarus, (2 or 3 day's) my previous experience with Pascal  was in the days of punched cards and teletype printers, so it is all completely new to me.

I found the site linked below, which is a real dream. It is really for Delphi but working through the tutorials of interest very quickly gave me a grasp of the Lazarus IDE, which, by design, has the look and feel of Delphi.

Don't be put off by the fact it does not use heavy graphics, narrow your browser window  to a side panel and you will quickly realize that this site is meant to be used as a sidebar reference for beginners while writing their own code.

http://sheepdogguides.com/tut.htm   O:-)

elliott

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 04:38:09 pm »
Ok thanks guys... they are all good websites I will give them a go thanks very much

elliott

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 05:00:16 pm »
Hi, I have looked at the 3DBuzz website, and it looks really good... but I can only seem to find the Delphi tutorials that you pay for. Please could you possibly send me a direct link to the free ones?

Troodon

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 09:16:03 pm »
you looking for a tutorial or for a video-tutorial?
Lazarus/FPC on Linux

elliott

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 10:50:04 pm »
Hi, not too bothered but preferably a video tutorial so I can have it open in a side window. Thanks very much.

Arminius

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 10:53:13 pm »
Hi, I have looked at the 3DBuzz website, and it looks really good... but I can only seem to find the Delphi tutorials that you pay for. Please could you possibly send me a direct link to the free ones?

The Delphi tutorials are all free! Did you create a free account? Whem logged in, just have a look at your left and scroll down. All categories without "MS" (means member sponsor) are free, I can garantee it to you! I can't give you a direct link because there is none...
On youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K1VxF13L80&feature=PlayList&p=47CF5AAABFA0324D&index=0&playnext=1 (but a bit boring because you don't really start  ;) there you get the first things: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6ktn9jBjT8&feature=PlayList&p=47CF5AAABFA0324D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1 (very low res!, you don't see the code...).

Hope it works for you  ;D

TinyPortal © 2005-2018