Recent

Author Topic: How to run without to save  (Read 3097 times)

utec1

How to run without to save
« on: October 11, 2008, 09:23:13 am »
Hi,

I'm a italian user, sorry for my bad english... i speek very well italian, no english.  :wink:

When you want to test a project Lazarus saves the code before compiling it.

Pity that this would lose the original code!

It's impossible to do numerous tests necessary without damaging the previous version on which it was working, and go back and almost always difficult, if not impossible.

It should be the user to decide when to save your work, not Lazarus!

When you start Lazarus and the tests are complete without him save the code. But when the code was saved from that moment on, every time, the code is stored before being executed.

You will know something? E 'can solve this huge, as trivial, bug?

Thank you!  :?:

Zaher

• parmaja.org
RE: How to run without to save
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 05:50:54 pm »
I am not Agree with you.
I worked with VB3,4,5 and Delphi 1..2009 and always enable options of save the code before run/compile it is more safe, and easy you can use temp folder for testing or Subversion for your real work.

utec1

How to run without to save
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 08:26:23 pm »
Thanks for your contribution.  :)

Lazarus overwrites the code you're testant, hopelessly losing the original version.

Temp folder wrote the result duly completed, but the original source is lost.

It should be the programmer who chooses when to use one option or another, do not you think?

The consequence is that you can not do many tests. And the thing I have problems if many choose to develop complex applications with Lazarus.

Of course I could save the code in a folder, copy it to another and do the tests. Whenever recopy the original and continue to do the tests. Until I get the right results and then have a reliable new code ... do not think is too complicated?  :roll:

Would be able to do the tests in RAM and when you are sure of the result save the code, even overwriting the original, if you want.

I saw that the file in the folder main.pp IDE Lazarus seems to deal with this and more. You say, I could change something there and then rebuild Lazarus?

:(

TinyPortal © 2005-2018