Recent

Author Topic: "Build all" works, but "RUN" doesn't  (Read 4546 times)

mrBrown

"Build all" works, but "RUN" doesn't
« on: January 10, 2008, 02:25:25 pm »
I have a small lazarus application using some GLScene/ODE components.

For some reason the Build All options works fine (creates a nice 42mb .exe file that works).
However, when I press the "Run" button (>) the compiler gives and error that it can not find project1 and points to the main project file.
These problems started after I had modified one of the .pas files contained in the GLScene component package and moved it to the project directory.

Anyone any idea why this is?

Some extra info that may be important:
Using lazarus 0.9.24 with GLScene 1.0.0.2 with corrections.
I had to manually adjust the ODEImport.pas file in the GLSCene package to make then suitable for the double percision ode.dll file.
I placed the modified .pas files in the same directory as the rest of my application (else Lazarus would not enforce the changes and recompile the modified .pas file, even when re-installing the component package).

mrBrown

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 10:24:26 pm »
A reboot solved the problem.
This also made the .exe size go down to +- 3mb.

piper62

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 06:17:18 pm »
Hi,

are you working on MS-Win? I got such a problem with the "RUN" not working from within the IDE and an execution of the program directly from the OS worked.
Also the debugger didn't work.
We had to re-install all the computers in our lab and it figured out to be a problem with a MS-Win update and a virus scanner.
That was on XP with FPC 2.0.4 and Lazarus 0.9.22.
If you get such a problem I recommend to try to run the program directly for the OS and not from within the IDE.
Sometimes there are issues with that.

Regards,
Tibor

TinyPortal © 2005-2018