Recent

Author Topic: How i can to access to .DBF files from Lazarus?  (Read 16976 times)

klosll

How i can to access to .DBF files from Lazarus?
« on: November 12, 2003, 06:30:23 pm »
Hi :-)

I need to access to .DBF tables from Lazarus.
How i can do this?

Thanx :-)

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 12:12:51 pm »
AFAIK not (yet)
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

klosll

OK about DBF access, but ... another question..
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2003, 01:48:45 pm »

I find the MySQL access controls from Lazarus, but i need a simple sample for use this MySQL access.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2003, 01:22:10 am »
I was not really successful - YET - with this MySQL stuff (components) in freepascal/Lazarus. It would be really helpful if someone could post some steps how to install/use it. The closest I've been is to receive some compilation errors during Lazarus/Mysql component compilation ... :)

kmoffat

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2003, 06:26:36 pm »
Do you have the mysql dev libs installed? (I haven't tried it but have seen this answered)

bracara

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2003, 10:07:59 pm »
The structure of dBase files is quite simple and it's fairly easy to write the code to access them. A couple of years ago when I thought Kylix 2 was the key to writing software in Linux, I started designing a set of components to access dBase IV files. I designed them in Delphi 1 and they work imperfectly under Delphi 1. Even started the documentation! :!:
I did test them (adapted to inherit from CLX components) under Kylix and was able to read and write to a dBase file with a test Kylix app. Unfortunately I appear to have lost the Kylix version but the 16 bit Delphi version can be downloaded from http://www.lingua-z.co.uk/software/sdb.zip.
It should be fairly simple to adapt the code to work under Lazarus. I just tried including sdb.pas in a Lazarus project and there are references to a few Win16 units which would need removing. The simplest thing would probably be to lift out the code which the TsdbTable component uses and access the datafile using its methods.
Let me know if it's any use.

mhess

• http://www.miraclec.com
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2003, 05:43:34 pm »
It isn't exactly open source but maybe you can talk to the developer what his views are of using it with open source. The source code is available with it so it could be modified to be used with Free Pascal. I have used it successfully with Delphi.

http://www.softsci.com/topazp.htm

TinyPortal © 2005-2018