Recent

Author Topic: How to translate a Delphi7 proj to Lazarus 1.6??  (Read 2317 times)

stephanweber

How to translate a Delphi7 proj to Lazarus 1.6??
« on: March 25, 2019, 08:22:52 pm »
Hi,

I found that some parts, which I used very often in Delphi7, cause now programs if a migrate to Lazarus  :D.
E.g. I need to remove Windows stuff like printer setup dialogs, messagebeep, winexec, etc. This is expected, and often easy because I can simply comment these things out.

BUT, what about things placed in formulars, like a component gfvcl which gave me a gradient fill in Delphi?
Or how to change a spinbutton to updown component of Lazarus?

The problem is that Lazarus simply does not open the forms. It would be good to instruct Lazarus just to skip reading-in such Windows-Delphi-specific stuff, but how?
What would also help is a text view for formulars, like in Delphi. Then I could edit within this text view. But I have not found such feature in Lazarus yet.

Any hints are highly welcome, thanks!

Bye Stephan

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: How to translate a Delphi7 proj to Lazarus 1.6??
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 10:35:32 am »
Use the Delphi project converter first, then start working from the converted source. 3rd party components will of course need to be ported if not already (or magically) done.

af0815

Re: How to translate a Delphi7 proj to Lazarus 1.6??
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 10:55:51 am »
I found that some parts, which I used very often in Delphi7, cause now programs if a migrate to Lazarus  :D.

Check for all used Componets (3rd party and from Borland inkluded) if they exists in Lazarus. And look for the alternatives (eg. Ports) in Lazarus. If you use DB-Komponents, try to replace this in Delphi with Zeos.   

If you find ported Componnets, try to use this first in Delphi, then make the port to Lazarus,
regards
Andreas

TinyPortal © 2005-2018