Recent

Author Topic: OSX 64bit [SOLVED]  (Read 15920 times)

Trenatos

• MarcusFernstrom.com
Re: OSX 64bit
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2019, 02:41:26 am »
Overview of how I set up FPC/Laz on Mac.

I usually go with Trunk (Latest, in development) for both FPC and Laz, if the install doesn't work right I'll drop down to Stable.

Download fpcupdeluxe-x86_64-darwin-cocoa.zip from https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases

Unzip somewhere non-root.

Create a folder under your home directory to hold the new setup.

Start fpcupdeluxe, top left there's a button to select a target location, pick the folder you just made.

Under FPC choose Trunk, under FPC choose Trunk, click the big button that has FPC + LAZ = *thumbsup*

It'll now download and install everything for you.

This takes a while, go grab a coffee.

If it ends without errors, you're all set.

If there are errors, start over and select Stable for version and hit the button again.

You should be all set.

Default settings after that should be x64 Cocoa.

kevin.black

Re: OSX 64bit
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 04:40:58 am »
@Trenatos,

OK, my bad. I had downloaded the source and was trying to simply build the FPCupDeluxe app (I think) which defeats the purpose of what's being achieved.

I now understand the purpose of this application, ie. to use the SVN repo to keep the lazarus/FPC software as bleeding edge as possible. Wow, it really is something.

Now I assume that I can update through this application. What does it do with installed (3rd party) packages when I update. Again, I assume I don't have to reinstall everything every time I do a lazarus/FPC update?

OK, I got an initial fail on the install. Not sure why, but I'll take your advice and roll back to stable:

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. Executing: /usr/bin/svn info /Users/kevin/Lazarus FPCDeluxe/fpcsrc (working dir: )
  2. svn: E155007: '/Users/kevin/Lazarus' is not a working copy          <<<<<-------- THAT FOLDER WAS ACTUALLY "Lazarus FPCDeluxe" AND NOT "Lazarus"
  3. svn: E155007: '/Users/kevin/Lazarus' is not a working copy
  4. fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (DownloadFromSVN: FPC): SVN gave error code: 256
  6. fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (DownloadFromSVN: FPC): SVN gave error message: svn: E155007: '/Users/kevin/Lazarus' is not a working copy
  8. fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (GetModule: FPC): FPC was at: failure
  9. fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (GetModule: FPC): FPC was at: failure
  10. fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (GetModule: FPC): No updates for FPC found.
  11. fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: FPCNativeInstaller (GetModule: FPC): Checkout/update of FPC sources failure.

I'm pretty sure thats because the folder name had a space in it. I have retried without the space and that went much better - trap for young players.

And now gets almost to the end and fails:
  1. /Users/kevin/LazarusFPCUPDeluxe/lazarus/lcl/interfaces/./cocoa/cocoatextedits.pas(158,14) Error: (3058) There is no method in an ancestor class to be overridden: "becomeFirstResponder:Boolean;"
  2. /Users/kevin/LazarusFPCUPDeluxe/lazarus/lcl/interfaces/./cocoa/cocoatextedits.pas(158,14) Error: (3266) Objective-C messages require their Objective-C selector name to be specified using the "message" directive.
  3. /Users/kevin/LazarusFPCUPDeluxe/lazarus/lcl/interfaces/./cocoa/cocoatextedits.pas(407,1) Fatal: (10026) There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping
  4. Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
  5. Error: /Users/kevin/LazarusFPCUPDeluxe/fpc/bin/x86_64-darwin/ppcx64 returned an error exitcode
  6. Error: (lazarus) Compile package LCL 2.1: stopped with exit code 1
  7. Error: (lazarus) [TLazPackageGraph.CompileRequiredPackages] "Exit code 1"
  8. Error: (lazarus) Building IDE: Compile AutoInstall Packages failed.
  9. make: *** [useride] Error 2
  10. with exit code 1
  11. Error: (lazarus) [TLazPackageGraph.CompileRequiredPackages] "Exit code 1"
  12. Error: (lazarus) Building IDE: Compile AutoInstall Packages failed.
  13. make: *** [useride] Error 2
  15. fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: LazarusNativeInstaller (BuildModuleCustom: UserIDE): make returned error code #512
  16. ERROR: Fpcupdeluxe fatal error !
So now will try with Stable/Stable, which appears to have worked:
  1. SUCCESS: Fpcupdeluxe ended without errors.
  3. Fpcupdeluxe has created a shortcut link in your home-directory to start Lazarus.
  4. Shortcut-link: Lazarus_LazarusFPCUPDeluxe
  5. Lazarus MUST be started with this link !!
  6. Fpcupdeluxe has also (tried to) create a desktop shortcut with the same name.

And just as an aside, I look at the amount of time and effort that has gone into Lazarus/FPC and projects like this and it is mind boggling. This is some seriously good shit.... I think my move from Delphi to Lazarus might indeed be a good thing, I am optimistic at least.

Again, thanks for the advice and assistance.

Trenatos

• MarcusFernstrom.com
Re: OSX 64bit [SOLVED]
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 03:50:40 pm »
I'm glad it worked!

Welcome to FPC/Laz  :)

I usually update by installing to a new folder, that way I have several working versions.

It also means I have to install all extra packages again, but most I get through fpcupdeluxe or the online package manager.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018