Forum > Linux

Indy from online package manager can't find IDstack

(1/2) > >>

snorkel:
Hi,
I used the online package manager to install Indy on Manjaro Linux (arch) and it installed fine but when I compile an existing project I get this:
IdComponent.pas(68,48) Fatal: Cannot find IdStack used by IdComponent

The paths to the indy source dirs are in the project other units.

This is a project I moved over from windows and I did delete all the .pp files in the lib directory before compiling.

What's odd is if I create a new project and put the indy tcpclient on the form it compiles fine.

HeavyUser:

--- Quote from: snorkel on December 19, 2018, 10:37:41 pm ---Hi,
I used the online package manager to install Indy on Manjaro Linux (arch) and it installed fine but when I compile a project I get this:
IdComponent.pas(68,48) Fatal: Cannot find IdStack used by IdComponent

The paths to the indy source dirs are in the project other units.

This is a project I moved over from windows and I did delete all the .pp files in the lib directory before compiling.

What's odd is if I create a new project and put the indy tcpclient on the form it compiles fine.

--- End quote ---
Search for the component name that can not be found in all the files in indy directory, and use that unit in your file.

snorkel:
tried that, still does not work.   A new project with same components works fine.  Can't seem to find what the difference is.
I went through all the project path settings and they appear the same.

I guess I will try next to move the indy dir from the packagemanager dir to the lazarus directory and compile and install from their.

HeavyUser:

--- Quote from: snorkel on December 20, 2018, 04:10:20 pm ---tried that, still does not work.   A new project with same components works fine.  Can't seem to find what the difference is.
I went through all the project path settings and they appear the same.

I guess I will try next to move the indy dir from the packagemanager dir to the lazarus directory and compile and install from their.

--- End quote ---
That would be a mistake. Open the project and see if indy is mentioned in the project's required packages if not add it.

balazsszekely:
@snorkel

--- Quote ---I guess I will try next to move the indy dir from the packagemanager dir to the lazarus directory and compile and install from their.
--- End quote ---
Don't do that. Just add IdStack to indylaz. Open the package, then: "Add"-->"Add files from filesystem".  IdStack is located in the system subdirectory.

PS: I saw this issue before in one of my project. I have no idea why isn't working without adding IdStack to the package. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version