Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Suggestion Copy Component Name  (Read 2359 times)

Josh

Lazarus Suggestion Copy Component Name
« on: December 15, 2018, 09:44:05 am »
Hi

If this is the wrong section; then please move to correct location.

Suggestion for addition to the lazarus IDE.

Do you think it would be usefull to add an extra option to the right click menu of a component on a form that allows you to copy to clipboard the component name ( also with a shortcut).

Some of my control names have long names,; and allowing a rightclick copy name to clipboard would make it easier to use.
At the moment I have to click the control, navigate down to name and select the name text and use ctrl C to copy it.

Thughts? USeful?
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

BrunoK

• Retired programmer
Re: Lazarus Suggestion Copy Component Name
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 10:55:50 am »
You already can get the selected component name with the F2 key.

HeavyUser

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 05:07:32 pm »
Hi

If this is the wrong section; then please move to correct location.

Suggestion for addition to the lazarus IDE.

Do you think it would be usefull to add an extra option to the right click menu of a component on a form that allows you to copy to clipboard the component name ( also with a shortcut).

Some of my control names have long names,; and allowing a rightclick copy name to clipboard would make it easier to use.
At the moment I have to click the control, navigate down to name and select the name text and use ctrl C to copy it.

Thughts? USeful?
This is a good beginners project for a custom component editor that will add a menu item on the components popup menu and assign it a hotkey if required. Second step is to add the hotkey in the IDE's options dialog.

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 07:18:53 pm »
double click|right click|copy also works.
Specialize a type, not a var.

Josh

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 08:12:42 pm »
Hi

Thanks for the replies.

I was unaware of the F2 on a selected component.
This does help, although not perfect, as it is easy to move/snap move a component when it is left clicked on the form.

When I double click a component it auto goes to enter code for a component event. UNless I have done something odd..
Double right click-> copy copies the object code.

The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018