Forum > Suggestions

A forum board for fpc's embedded targets

(1/4) > >>

d.ioannidis:
Hi,

is it possible to add a board for the fpc's embedded targets ?
  With child boards avr, arm etc ?

It will make life easy for the one who searches the forum for those platforms.

regards,

d.ioannidis:
No reply after so many days ….

I assume that there is no critical mass for embedded in the community ….

:(

ccrause:
I support your request. Not that many people are actively using fpc for AVR, probably because one has to use trunk to get decent functionality. A lot of patches have been included in the next release branch, so hopefully more people will start using it for AVR development.

Embedded in general is also not as popular compared to OS targets, but if we don't try to help users then it will remain a little used part of fpc.

d.ioannidis:

--- Quote from: ccrause on April 18, 2019, 12:41:11 pm ---Embedded in general is also not as popular compared to OS targets, but if we don't try to help users then it will remain a little used part of fpc.

--- End quote ---

Exactly !

I had to search a lot in the forum, wiki and in the fpc-devel, fpc-pascal mailing lists to find some informations regarding embedded targets.

Let's hope that the forum moderator's agree with this suggection and create an embedded section.

ccrause:
I suspect that some of the ARM embedded users may use ultibo which has a separate forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version