Recent

Author Topic: Error - Bitmap konnte nicht erzeugt werden (Bitmap could not be generated)  (Read 1971 times)

dculp

Hello --

In my console application, a user has generated the error message "Bitmap konnte nicht erzeugt warden" (Bitmap could not be generated). The user is running Windows 10 but couldn't supply any other information about the circumstances of this error and couldn't reproduce it.

This error message is found twice in D:\Lazarus_32bit\fpc\3.0.2\source\packages\graph\src\win32\graph.pp in procedure OutTextXYWin32GUI. However, I can't understand what the surrounding code is trying to do so that this message would be generated.

Can you suggest what might cause this error? (Please let me know if you need more info.)

Lazarus version 1.6.4
FPC version 3.0.2

Thanks,
Don C.

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
Re: Error - Bitmap konnte nicht erzeugt werden (Bitmap could not be generated)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 01:58:42 pm »
Unit Graph is provided to allow users to recompile old programs, it is recommended to use more modern graphical systems.

I don't think unit Graph still actively maintained. On old OSes, it should work correctly but on Win10 you may run in to trouble. I believe it won't be hard to port the the code to use TCanvas and/or TBitmap.

https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/graph/index.html

Sorry not very helpful. But it is the time to consider not to use the unit.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 02:16:51 pm »
Terminal services environment ?

But typically under windows, wingraph is used (graph in a window) rather than fullscreen graph.

dculp

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 04:28:41 pm »
Handoko --

Your link (https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/graph/index.html) says "The [Graph] unit was first written for dos by Florian Klaempfl, but was later completely rewritten by Carl-Eric Codere to be completely portable." The top of my Graph.pp unit says, "Copyright (c) 1999-2000 by Florian Klaempfl". The file date is 2015-06-17 but perhaps this was the file date from FP installation. Is there a newer Graph.pp unit from Carl-Eric Codere?

Marcov --

I don't know what a terminal services environment is. However, attached is a screen shot of my application's main menu. All other menus (many) are similar text. I only use the graph unit for X-Y data plots (see attached image).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 04:38:31 pm by dculp »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018