Recent

Author Topic: FPC Documentation: Object/class/field/method visibility: trying to clarify  (Read 6145 times)

lucamar

Re: FPC Documentation: Object/class/field/method visibility: trying to clarify
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2018, 10:47:06 pm »
Is this alright to ask for support for development of this tool ?

Is it free/open source or/and can you pay? Then of course it's alright. Create a repo and support web somewhere (SourceForge, GitHuub, GitLab, etc.), make the initial upload and ask for volunteers. But don't do it if you'll be leaving it to stale: once you "open to the public" it's your responsability to keep it going, I think.

Too many "would-have-been-nice" projects have gone to hell simply because the original programmer just uploads to somewhere and says: "there you have it; don't call me ever more".
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

Researching

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2018, 01:59:19 am »
Lucamar, thank you for clear question.
Perfect in plans not always perfect in life.
Preferably - set expectations: What(general), work amount, intensity, time limit, conditions.
As far as I imagine now:
WHAT:
1. OSS-GPL(?1,2,3?)
2. Bring it to the level of library, that makes possible visual code manipulation. At procedures ( like low level ~DFD)
Work amount: detailed visual diagram of:
a) parser(! ultimate, adapt from FPC, help needed: with it many other possibilities are open, including parse to graphml, or other DIA or other. Without it - nothing will work )
b) Graphing library primitive ( probably - from Edson's / Laz-model works)
c) Data structure + Code-Graph junction
d) integration to Lazarus.
1+d - Help Ultimately needed!! - not able to go through the whole code/compatibility of FPC, Lazarus. So actually - the help from IDE/FPC developers will be required (actually - I'm not so expertized to judge.) But anyway - the general (just concept) scope of FPC source usage(!) and  integration(?) will be neede at the very beginning.
intensity
Initially 3h/24x10d, on the run - at least 4..5h/7dx6mon.

CONDITIONS:
0. Community will state they're interests for milestones
1. My side: set some kind of startup... go from diagram scope to questions.
2. start dialogue and see the outcome
// 0.-1.-2. -- 4--7 days. if this starts with success - further planning possible.
3. Update agreement.
4. quit / proceed

With respect,
Researching.

ASBzone

• Automation leads to relaxation...
    • Free Console Utilities for Windows (and a few for Linux) from BrainWaveCC
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2018, 05:05:15 am »
Well...
When you have knowledge and image about what exists - you can really read what needed when you need.
When you are newbie - at your own you generally have either of two choices:
- Dig whole literature ( 0.5year-2years)

It is often important to start at the beginning, and  learn interactively with the right context.

My youngest son likes to learn and move fast.  But, inevitably, he gets stuck with inefficient design or bad/inadequate strategy, and he has to go back to the fundamentals, and then he says, "Man, I should have taken the time to review this more slowly at the beginning..."

Learns a great deal ultimately, but really not the most efficient way to do it.   Allows him to develop bad habits along the way because he lacks the fundamentals until late.

I'd recommend that you take some of that 0.5 year period and move at a pace that will allow you build a sturdy house from the foundation up.  It will pay off in no time...

-ASB: https://www.BrainWaveCC.com/

Lazarus v2.2.7-ada7a90186 / FPC v3.2.3-706-gaadb53e72c
(Windows 64-bit install w/Win32 and Linux/Arm cross-compiles via FpcUpDeluxe on both instances)

My Systems: Windows 10/11 Pro x64 (Current)

Researching

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2018, 07:24:07 pm »
ASBzone, nice to see you here!
I'm not trying to avoid. Study the basics is needed. But trying to optimize on mutual profit.
To whom it may concern(to participate the development ): can you make me a kind of a test, to decide, if there is a perspective?
General concepts as "produce strictly after study" - have they're evidence, but do not  cover the whole. I prefer the practice as a proper judge.
May I fail? Yes. But time ago at IT-PM we were taught to start with balancing goal-risk-effort. And also, to figure out a correct test like in TDD.
Better to quit before failing, but is better to test before quitting and judge on experience.

So, my hope is, that proper visual tool - is needed. The concept of it seems clear (to me) over days.
To those, who are interested: please state your requirements of participation.
Good if you gave me a test-task which, being completed, may give a ground for perspective and your participation.

Which VCS is preferable of SVN or GIT(!) ?
Now using Tortoise products locally.

Have a good day!

With respect.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018