Recent

Author Topic: Creating new inherited form results in a "Division By Zero" crash  (Read 1737 times)

BadasH4096

Greetings :)
I have been looking and can't say I have found this problem posted anywhere here, so I'm taking a chance and making my first post.
I have a project, that this far will not really do anything useful, but I have ran into the following problem...
I have already made two forms originally inheriting from the TBaseForm. The descendants are TBaseMainForm and TBaseDBMainForm. When I try to create a third inherited form I get a "Division By Zero" crash of the IDE.
Can anyone help me with this? I have never ran into something like this.
Also, My source code is way too big to put as attachement. Sorry
I am currently running Lazarus 1.8.4 and FPC 3.0.4 on Windows 10
Best Regards and thank you in advance.

howardpc

Re: Creating new inherited form results in a "Division By Zero" crash
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 03:47:30 pm »
You are far more likely to get a helpful response if you can create a cut-down project, omitting everything except what seems to be required to produce the problem.
Such an exercise sometimes shows you where the problem is and how to avoid it, without the need for other eyes. It also has the benefit that you may see better ways to accomplish your project goals if you tackle it again in a simplified way.

BadasH4096

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 03:58:10 pm »
Thasnk you I will do that :)

BadasH4096

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 01:07:27 pm »
Turns Out that I was very "unlucky" in my choice of names or something... I started a new, clean project and used the same form names to inherit clean forms through fBaseForm, fBaseMainForm, fBaseDBMainForm then a new form based on fBaseDBMainForm. Same thing happened. Just fixed the problem by changing names to fBase, fBaseMain, fBaseDBMain

BadasH4096

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 01:19:15 pm »
And also the underlying unit names to Base, BaseMain, BaseDBMain....

TinyPortal © 2005-2018