Recent

Author Topic: The steps to create a 64-bit application using Lazarus 1.8.4 on OSX Mojave are?  (Read 9764 times)

Hansaplast

• Tweaking4All.com
    • Tweaking4All
@Hansaplast I found this thread with a Google search for the obscure error message that you mentioned: "nw_path_close_fd Failed to close guarded necp fd 7 [9: Bad file descriptor]" -- I am getting this error for another app on OSX Mojave, and I'm trying to track down the cause and what it means (the app's author would love to know too!). Given this thread, I'm guessing it has something to do with either 64-bitness, SSL, or Mojave's sandboxing requirements? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

As far as I recall, this was because I signed an application that uses OpenSSL, and then actually run that signed application. Using the Apple API instead fixed that issue.

So the application you're referring to should probably update his application to use the Apple API functions instead. (see also Phil's documentation)

Hope this helps  ;)

MISV

For reference - after many problems of various sorts (Indy had some problems now fixed, but also that the Indy distributed by the OPM was old) I have Indy working on Mac with OpenSSL/LibreSSL

AFAIK:

The Mac API does not on Lazarus support manually handling redirects since that requires using the API in async mode... And implementing that in Lazarus is not possible due to bugs? in ObjectPascal syntax (at least that is my conclusion since I have posted multiple times with code that errors at compiletime)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018