Recent

Author Topic: lazarus does not compile my (very) simple application  (Read 10882 times)

le_barbu

lazarus does not compile my (very) simple application
« on: November 08, 2003, 03:17:43 pm »
i just create a new project and i run it, but lazarus colorizes the last line of the project file (where the 'end.' is and stops.

what's the matter?

thx.

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2003, 03:20:28 pm »
here's the code:

program project1;

{$mode objfpc}{$H+}

uses
  Interfaces,
  Forms, unit1;

begin
  Application.Initialize;
  Application.CreateForm(TForm1, Form1);
  Application.Run;
end.

I just do nothing, i only run the project!...

eric

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2003, 04:14:43 pm »
What does the error message say in the Message window?

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2004, 03:24:11 pm »
I don't know if the error is the same, but for me the situation is the same (new project, compile, error) the message was:
/usr/share/fpcsrc/fcl/classes/linux/classes.pp(70) Error: Writing Resource String Table file: $1

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 05:12:18 pm »
I'm getting a very similar problem. I suspect the problem may be that Lazarus is trying to write to a directory owned by root.

Does anyone know how to fix this (apart from running as root)?

chris.gordon-smith

• http://graffiti.virgin.net/c.gordon-smith/index.html
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2004, 05:21:01 pm »
I've now fixed it by changing the permissions on the /usr/share/lazarus/lcl directory. Not ideal, but works for now and does not allow anything on my system other than the Lazarus installation to be affected.

Chris Gordon-Smith
http://graffiti.virgin.net/c.gordon-smith/

vrs

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2004, 12:27:53 am »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
I don't know if the error is the same, but for me the situation is the same (new project, compile, error) the message was:
/usr/share/fpcsrc/fcl/classes/linux/classes.pp(70) Error: Writing Resource String Table file: $1

It seems fpc wants to recompile the fcl units. That shouldn't happen. Don't put the path to the fpc source in the other unit files textbox on the paths tab in the compiler options dialog.

I've now fixed it by changing the permissions on the /usr/share/lazarus/lcl directory.

To compile lazarus at least write access is needed in the units directories and lower. As you did  (the complete tree) might be the most simple solution.

Vincent.

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2004, 06:46:28 pm »
Quote from: "vrs"
Quote from: "Anonymous"

It seems fpc wants to recompile the fcl units. That shouldn't happen. Don't put the path to the fpc source in the other unit files textbox on the paths tab in the compiler options dialog.

I've now fixed it by changing the permissions on the /usr/share/lazarus/lcl directory.

To compile lazarus at least write access is needed in the units directories and lower. As you did  (the complete tree) might be the most simple solution.

Vincent.

For normal applications it souldn't be nececary to recompile the LCL. This will only happen if you have put the Lazarussources as part of you project sources.
Your project sould only point to the LCL units, not the source
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

TinyPortal © 2005-2018