Author Topic: IDE not responding after start, obviously caught in an endless loop?  (Read 1389 times)

HappyLazaruser

After starting lazarus (either via a project's *.lpr or the icon on the desktop), the IDE
appears as expected but would not react upon any interaction (all menues except 'file' disappear upon the first click).

A check with the Process Monitor revealed that it seems stuck in an endless loop calling

IRP_MJ_CREATE C:\(mytempdir)    --> SUCCESS
IRP_MJ_DIRECTORY_CONTROL C:\(mytempdir)\LazarusMain01-*   --> NO SUCH FILE
IRP_MJ_CLEANUP C:\(mytempdir)   --> SUCCESS
IRP_MJ_CLOSE C:\(mytempdir)   --> SUCCESS

these four lines reappear and reappear and reappear .... (taking ~0.04s)

checking (mytempdir) manually: the requestes file exists, but with 0 bytes and locked. After killing Lazarus (necessary, it would not react upon close), I can delete the file (i.e., not locked any longer).

what I tried so far:
* another project --> same
* reinstall Lazarus --> same

Laz 1.8.4 
FPC 3.0.4

Seems the access to the temp-file is broken. Any ideas what has gone wrong or what to try next?

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
Re: IDE not responding after start, obviously caught in an endless loop?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 11:17:35 am »
May be Windows10 introduces some new behavior about temp files or something and Lazarus/FPC doesn't use WinAPI correctly?

BTW I've noted similar behavior when creating my own configuration files in the configuration directory returned by GetAppConfigDir/GetAppConfigFile (I need to do some tests yet to be sure there's an issue): FPC creates it but with "read-only" permissions.  %)
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus