Forum > macOS / Mac OS X

FreePascal on macOS 10.14 Mojave doesn't work

(1/7) > >>

JLucB:
Freepascal don't work on macOS 10.14. While compiling I get this error :"ld: file not found: /usr/lib/crt1.o".
I know it usually means that command line tools are not install, but I do install them...
I've tried to re-install FreePascal, but the installer won't let me as it consider that command line tools aren't already installed...
Seems like both the compiler and the installer are looking for command line tools to be install in "/usr/lib" but with macOS 10.14 Mojave they are in "/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/lib".

I've tried to create a link in /usr/lib with "sudo ln -f -s /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/lib/crt1.o /usr/lib" but even with root privileges it won't let me... "ln: /usr/lib/crt1.o: Operation not permitted".

Doest any one know a workaround or does an updated version of FreePascal ready for macOS 10.14 will be available soon?

Many thanks in advance!!!

Bart:
Try -Flpath/to/lib when compiling.
If that works, put it in your fpc.cfg

W.r.t. to crt1.o: does this link help?

Bart

JLucB:

--- Quote from: Bart on September 25, 2018, 10:29:39 am ---Try -Flpath/to/lib when compiling.
If that works, put it in your fpc.cfg

--- End quote ---
When compiling I just type in the terminal "fpc -B -gl myFile.pas", I'm not sure to understand your point.

--- Quote from: Bart on September 25, 2018, 10:29:39 am ---W.r.t. to crt1.o: does this link help?

--- End quote ---
I've already install command line tools using "xcode-select --install"

Jonas Maebe:
If FPC is already installed, you should be able to compile by adding -XR/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk (either on the command line, or to your configuration file)

The installer check will need to be updated.

DonAlfredo:
Dunno if it might help, but try to add -WM10.14 to the commandline.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version