Recent

Author Topic: code source window vanished  (Read 3016 times)

ronhud

code source window vanished
« on: September 23, 2018, 03:33:21 pm »
The screenshot below shows the current state of my Lazarus IDE display.   The tabbed pages of source code have dissappeared and I cant find how to restore them.  I think I may have clicked an a narrow bevelled strip above the source code window.   I hope someone has a solution. 

Bart

• Bart en Mariska's Webstek
Re: code source window vanished
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 04:37:47 pm »
Maybe this helps: Menu->Window->Center a lost window?
(Does "Source editor" show up in Menu->Windows?)

Bart

ronhud

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 06:26:26 pm »
no centers doesnt help.  Under the Window menu there are tabs listed for all the units I had open.   Is there a configuration file for the IDE that will rebuild to default if I delete it?

furious programming

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 07:41:34 pm »
Is there a configuration file for the IDE that will rebuild to default if I delete it?

All configuration files for IDE are stored in local app data folder—read more about locations. Remember to make backup of these files before modifying them. In case something goes wrong, you will be able to restore some.

Some folders are hidden, so you need to change settings of file explorer in your system to see them.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 07:45:22 pm by furious programming »
Lazarus 3.2 with FPC 3.2.2, Windows 10 — all 64-bit

Working solo on an acrade, action/adventure game in retro style (pixelart), programming the engine and shell from scratch, using Free Pascal and SDL. Release planned in 2026.

jamie

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 11:03:26 pm »
Stupid question,

VIEW:Source Editor

I only assume you did this.?

If windows has it in the tab list you should be able to select it and drag it into view.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

ronhud

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 01:16:36 am »
Solved the problem by renaming the <projectname>.lps file and then opening the IDE which had a blank form in it. Closed the blank form and opened the project I had been working on and source edit tabbed windows were back to normal.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018