Forum > Suggestions

Code Completion Speed

(1/3) > >>

apexcol:
Most of the time I write fast, even than the Code Completion window is slow to appear.  How can I speed up the window on showing?   I think there must be an option for changing the value of the window to appear.

alex256:
Go to Tools > Options, then go to Editor > Completion And Hints. Then you can tweak "delay for hints and completion box" option. Hope this will help.

apexcol:
Thank you!  I couldn't find it because I see is not well grouped...

Even I tried to modify the MenuShowDelay in the Registry, it worked but not as I wanted, and your advice is really good.

JuhaManninen:
There is a related feature request:
 https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=29482
It is assigned to me but I don't plan to implement it soon. A patch is welcome and would be applied for sure. It should be quite easy to implement. Some GUI changes + a new environment setting.

valdir.marcos:

--- Quote from: JuhaManninen on September 14, 2018, 01:03:10 pm ---There is a related feature request:
 https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=29482
It is assigned to me but I don't plan to implement it soon. A patch is welcome and would be applied for sure. It should be quite easy to implement. Some GUI changes + a new environment setting.
--- End quote ---
Just curious. I am puzzled, as a matter of fact.
Please, understand that I am not criticizing you.
Talking about project management, I am trying to understand if you don't plan to implement it soon as you just said, shouldn't you be monitoring this issue - since you are interested in it - instead of having it being assigned to you?

As far as I understand, when a ticket is assigned to somebody, it means that person will study it and maybe solve it. It means that other people of that team should only care about taking only unassigned tickets for them. And when you are just monitoring a ticket means that you want it solved, or discuss its solution, or even have an small participation on its solution, but not solve it primarily.

--- Quote ---A patch is welcome and would be applied for sure.
--- End quote ---
Since tickets are already assigned, how other volunteers can realize when their help is needed or not? When their help will be accepted or not? When tickets are already being worked on or being on hold?

I am trying to help more, but how Lazarus and FPC are internally developed, how decisions are made, when patches are applied or rejected, how funds for complex or not attractive activities are raised, and why contributing members are expelled are a puzzle (very confusing) for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version