Recent

Author Topic: "Ease Of Access" button?  (Read 6766 times)

Degibbo

"Ease Of Access" button?
« on: August 16, 2018, 05:04:25 am »
G'day all,
For example the following registry hack can remove & reinstate the stop button on the W7 log-in screen on the fly (no reboot required):
       HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoClose,1 or 0

What is the equivalent hack to do the same for the "Ease Of Access" button on the same page?

Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks,
DG

440bx

Re: "Ease Of Access" button?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 05:15:26 am »
G'day all,
For example the following registry hack can remove & reinstate the stop button on the W7 log-in screen on the fly (no reboot required):
       HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoClose,1 or 0

What is the equivalent hack to do the same for the "Ease Of Access" button on the same page?

Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks,
DG
Check the following page out https://www.askvg.com/windows-tip-replace-ease-of-access-button-with-other-programs-on-login-screen/ there is all the information you need to do whatever you want with the "Ease of Access" button.
(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 05:17:11 am »

Degibbo

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 02:04:08 am »
Thank you gentle persons for the comprehensive replies.  Unfortunately these don't address my issue directly.  I am looking for a simple solution to toggle the button on or off by writing a value into an existing key.  I cannot manually do anything, so a programming solution is essential, and I don't want to add registry keys.

It would appear that this is harder than I first thought.  The goal is to defeat the undefeatable Ctrl+Alt+Del which does not appear to be possible.  The alternative is to remove / restore every action on the screen which I have successfully done, except for the problem button!

Thanks for your efforts,
DG

Bart

• Bart en Mariska's Webstek
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 12:12:59 pm »
Does this have anything to do with programming in Pascal/Lazarus?

Bart

Degibbo

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 05:12:21 am »
G'day Bart,
Thank you for your comment.
Sorry, I must be confused, as I am programming in Lazarus, and this is the "General" Programming Forum, I assumed (obviously incorrectly) that this was the correct place for my question.

Since this is obviously not the right place, could you please suggest a more appropriate forum for my query?

Thanks for your concern,
DG

TinyPortal © 2005-2018