Recent

Author Topic: No memory left  (Read 24902 times)

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: No memory left
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2018, 05:28:48 pm »
If you look at our sourceforge site, there is an addon installer, for the cross compiler.

iginfo

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2018, 06:11:10 pm »
Hello Trenatos! No I did not. How can I get it?

valdir.marcos

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2018, 06:18:15 pm »
These are packages developed in Brazil, widely used and that were previously installed in version 1.8.2. Their names are: "Fortes Report" and set of ACBr packages to comply with Brazilian tax legislation.
I am from Brazil too and I also use ACBr and FortesReport for some projects.
If you can, make some tests using VirtualBox + Windows 7 (32 or 64bit) + Lazarus 1.8.4 32bit + FPC 3.0.4 32bit + ACBr packages + FortesReport.
https://www.virtualbox.org
Sometimes, the easiest solution is using a clean virtual machine or format your real computer and start from zero.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 08:55:27 pm by valdir.marcos »

iginfo

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2018, 07:57:42 pm »
Hello Valdir.Marcos. Thanks, but I'm considering using virtual machines only as a last resort because I have several tools in the same environment and would have a hard time keeping them separate. From what I saw in previous posts in the forum, I understand that the problem has already been identified and partially solved, but I have difficulty understanding and using the solution. So I'm waiting for some member to clarify for us.

valdir.marcos

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2018, 08:54:46 pm »
Is it on win32 Lazarus ? If yes, search this forum, because it can be the 2GB issue of fpc. Such a bug is fixed in trunk for a longer time but not backported.

Edit: See Thread http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,40351.msg280481.html#msg280481
The thread above shows how you can patch Lazarus stable or you can use trunk via fpcupdeluxe.

Hello Valdir.Marcos. Thanks, but I'm considering using virtual machines only as a last resort because I have several tools in the same environment and would have a hard time keeping them separate. From what I saw in previous posts in the forum, I understand that the problem has already been identified and partially solved, but I have difficulty understanding and using the solution. So I'm waiting for some member to clarify for us.
I cannot use trunk, but I use ACBr packages in Lazarus last stable without big issues.

af0815

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2018, 09:09:40 pm »
Is it on win32 Lazarus ? If yes, search this forum, because it can be the 2GB issue of fpc. Such a bug is fixed in trunk for a longer time but not backported.

Edit: See Thread http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,40351.msg280481.html#msg280481
The thread above shows how you can patch Lazarus stable or you can use trunk via fpcupdeluxe.
Not correct: -> this patch is NOT for Lazarus, it is for fpc !!! There is no needness for trunk fpc nor for trunk Lazarus. Only fpc have to be patched and recompiled.
regards
Andreas

af0815

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2018, 09:14:11 pm »
From what I understand from the explanation of af0815 there is a bug in fpc that has already been fixed, but has not yet been released in a new version. But I did not know how to solve it.
How did you install fpc and Lazarus ?  If you have done it with fpcupdeluxe it is easier to fix.

Edit: With the CFF Explorer you can set the flag without recompile fpc. See attached picture
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 09:28:49 pm by af0815 »
regards
Andreas

iginfo

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2018, 10:00:28 pm »
Hello Andreas!

I installed fpc and lazarus through the official installer via lazarus homepage, download page. I have no experience with fpc. I do not know fpcupdeluxe, what can be done with it, nor where to download. I also do not know what CFF explorer is, nor what I should do when I click there.

I would appreciate it if you could send more details.

Thank you.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2018, 10:15:06 pm »
Again, there is an official installer for cross compiling on windows.

Follow the link to "Downloads (laz + fpc)" on the left side of the forum. Select "Windows 64 bit", select your version of Lazarus, download the cross compile package.
lazarus-1.8.4-fpc-3.0.4-cross-i386-win32-win64.exe

lazarus-1.8.4   with   fpc-3.0.4-cross-i386-win32   for install on   win64.exe

This contains the cross compiler, and 32 bit debugger. This must be installed into the same directory as your 64bit IDE

Make sure under options > debugger, the path to the gdb is
$(LazarusDir)\mingw\$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS)\bin\gdb.exe

Then it will work for 32 and 64 bit

----------
The target for your project (32/64) can be set in project options (you can use build modes to switch quickly)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 10:17:01 pm by Martin_fr »

iginfo

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2018, 10:28:09 pm »
Following a referral from a fellow in the forum, AVRA if I am not mistaken, I put -Xe in the configuration for the reconstruction of Lazarus. In fact I no longer got the memory error including one or two packages, but another came up when I added more packages with a message like "Could not find the entry point of the CertGetNameStringW procedure in the dynamic link library"

I am a simple Lazarus user, just like Delphi and I do not know the complexity surrounding the fpc operating environment and IDE. Therefore, the corresponding technical solutions adopted by experts and published in this forum are difficult for me.

af0815

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2018, 10:32:10 pm »
I have the same, not using stable, because some changes in trunk raises this. The fixes are simple, but i think something on your system goes wrong.
regards
Andreas

wp

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2018, 10:33:20 pm »
    I also do not know what CFF explorer is, nor what I should do when I click there.
    I just tried it:
    • Download CFF explorer from their site. I tried the no-install version from https://ntcore.com/files/CFF_Explorer.zip.
    • Unzip to any directory. Run "CFF Explorer.exe".
    • "File" > "Open" and load fpc.exe. For a standard installation of a 32-bit Lazarus release this is in folder (lazarus)\fpc\<version>\bin\i386-win32.
    • Now follow Andreas' screenshots:
      • Click "NT Headers" > "File Headers", and click at the area "Click here" in the right part of the form
      • In the "Characteristics" form check the box "App can handle >2GB address space". "OK"
      • Save and overwrite existing fpc.exe (Maybe you should have made a backup copy first).
    • I installed all JVCL packages plus a bunch of others. No more problems. Just for comparison, I replaced the patched fpc.exe by the original one and tried another compilation of the IDE - failed. Used the patched one again - compiles fine.
    Thanks, Andreas, for this tip![/list]
    « Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 10:37:46 pm by wp »

iginfo

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2018, 11:28:27 pm »
     I Will try tomorrow . Tanks.

iginfo

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2018, 07:57:57 pm »
    I followed the recommendations and I did not succeed. Using CFF Explorer did not work. Dynamic link binding error continues. The indication of downloading the 64-bit version and installation of fpc-3.0.4-cross-i386-win32 allowed to install 5 packages of 7. The other packages could not be installed, the system accused error in the lazarus executable generated.

It seems that there is a problem on my computer, although the only updates that occurred were updates from win10. So I'm going to try testing on other equipment.

af0815

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2018, 11:02:18 pm »
    Good News, upcoming FPC 3.2 (actual fixes3.2) have the patch applied :-)
    regards
    Andreas

TinyPortal © 2005-2018