Recent

Author Topic: No memory left  (Read 24903 times)

iginfo

No memory left
« on: August 15, 2018, 11:57:00 pm »
Error when i try to rebuild ide. Version 1.8.4. Any help ?

440bx

Re: No memory left
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 12:01:03 am »
Error when i try to rebuild ide. Version 1.8.4. Any help ?

Sure!... that good a description of the error deserves customized help, here it is: help!

Problem solved.
(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 12:10:34 am »
How much memory do you have?

Did you add any packages? Which ones?

What else does it say in the "messages" window?

iginfo

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 01:23:07 am »
Excuse me. I was writing from my phone by bus. Ok. I was trying to rebuild lazarus after install some packages I have worked before in previous version (1.8.2). I' ve tryied to reinstall previous version and the result was the same error. We are talking about windows 32. After that I have installed in win64 and so the error did hot happened. But I need to deploy win32 app.  I hope the question is better now.

Thanks a lot.   

iginfo

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 01:28:30 am »
I dont have memory information by now. I am not in office. Tomorrow I can inform. The message is "no memory left" during linking process.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 01:46:39 am »
If it is during linking, then maybe smart linking is turned on.  Smart linking the entire IDE uses a huge amount of memory. Also there is no benefit in smart linking the IDE.

Under menu Tools > Configure build Lazarus:
ensure there is NOT -XX

Open Project: ide/lazarus.lpi
Project Options > Compilation and Linking: Ensure the option -XX is off.

And search for your fpc.cfg and check that too (actually this is not very likely)

Note: this is only -XX  You can and should leave -CX turned on. That is useful for your own projects

-------------------
If smart linking is already off  (should be off by default) then try to use the external linker
add  -Xe

Maybe the build in linker has an issue.

-------------------
You can also try to build the IDE without debug info. This means smaller files, less data for the linker.
add  -g-

This still allows for your own projects to add debug info. So no worries there.
And if you want your own projects to have debug infor for the LCL too, then after you build your IDE, remove the -g- again.

Should you at some time need to do a bug report for the IDE, and need a stacktrace, your can try to build it with partial debug info
-g- -gl

af0815

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 07:51:49 am »
Is it on win32 Lazarus ? If yes, search this forum, because it can be the 2GB issue of fpc. Such a bug is fixed in trunk for a longer time but not backported.

Edit: See Thread http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,40351.msg280481.html#msg280481
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 07:58:25 am by af0815 »
regards
Andreas

dbannon

• tomboy-ng, a rewrite of the classic Tomboy
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 09:18:55 am »
I understand you are working on a 64bit Windows system and thats OK ? But you need to make a 32bit app ?

Then maybe the solution is to keep working on the win64 box and cross compile from there to make your win32 app ?

I routinely generate a win32 version of my app from my 64bit Linux Box, be surprised if it was any harder on a Windows one.

David
Lazarus 2, Linux (and reluctantly Win10, OSX)
My Project - https://github.com/tomboy-notes/tomboy-ng and my github - https://github.com/davidbannon

af0815

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 09:43:45 am »
I understand you are working on a 64bit Windows system and thats OK ? But you need to make a 32bit app ?
He wrote at his first post, he is rebuilding Lazarus IDE, did you read ?
regards
Andreas

dbannon

• tomboy-ng, a rewrite of the classic Tomboy
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 10:05:47 am »
I did af0815. But I suggest if he is going to run out of memory on his 32bit box and all he needs do is "deploy win32 app" - maybe he can get by without an IDE on the 32bit box.
After that I have installed in win64 and so the error did hot happened. But I need to deploy win32 app.

I make binaries for Linux and Windows, 64bit and 32bit with the IDE installed only on my 64bit Linux box. I test on the other platforms but sure have not even tried to install on the 32bit machines.

https://github.com/tomboy-notes/tomboy-ng
Lazarus 2, Linux (and reluctantly Win10, OSX)
My Project - https://github.com/tomboy-notes/tomboy-ng and my github - https://github.com/davidbannon

iginfo

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 04:13:36 pm »
I would like to thank 440bx, Martin_jr, AF0815 and DBannon for the patience and attention.

I tried the adjustments proposed by Martin_Jr but I did not succeed.

Regarding the AF0815 guidelines, I tried to understand but I have difficulties dealing with fpc. Maybe some more direct instruction can help me.

Of any form, with more calm, I report below the conditions of my environment

Computer with 8 GB, 64-bit windows:

Lazarus 32 bit version 1.8.4 - fpc 3.0.4.

Previously there was Lazarus 32 bits version 1.8.2 - fpc 3.0.4 on the same equipment, with approximately 5 additional components that were installed and worked without problems.

I installed version 1.8.4 and when I included the first package that was already in the previous version the memory error occurred.

I uninstalled version 1.8.4 and returned with 1.8.2, as before. But the packages could not be installed. Gave the same error.

At this time, because of this problem, I can not work with 32-bit Lazarus and need to distribute applications to 32-bit machines.

As a test, I installed Lazarus 64 bit and was able to install the components. Everything worked, but I can not continue with it because I need to generate 32-bit applications.

I hope I have adequately detailed my situation.

Thank you all.

wp

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 04:19:02 pm »
Which packages did you install? Maybe they are faulty?

iginfo

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 04:33:59 pm »
These are packages developed in Brazil, widely used and that were previously installed in version 1.8.2. Their names are: "Fortes Report" and set of ACBr packages to comply with Brazilian tax legislation.

iginfo

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2018, 04:40:43 pm »
From what I understand from the explanation of af0815 there is a bug in fpc that has already been fixed, but has not yet been released in a new version. But I did not know how to solve it.

Trenatos

• MarcusFernstrom.com
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2018, 05:20:58 pm »
Have you tried trunk x64 with cross compiler for x86? (fpcupdeluxe makes that setup quite easy)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018