Recent

Author Topic: How to fix linklib internal error 200603061 ?  (Read 3141 times)

comingnine

How to fix linklib internal error 200603061 ?
« on: August 13, 2018, 04:31:46 pm »
I am trying to to compile PCRE 8.42 with MinGW.nuwen on Windows 10 x64, and then link it with linklib with trunk FPC (in trunk Lazarus). However, the compiler complains Internal Error 200603061, which means "{ Only debug sections are allowed to have relocs pointing to unused sections }" according to this page. I am wondering how to correct this behavior ? Is there some GCC switch I could do to workaround ? Many thanks !

comingnine

Re: How to fix linklib internal error 200603061 ?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 02:15:11 pm »
The library files (binary libraries and the batch file to rebuild) can be downloaded online. The batch file is also included in the attached file. To rebuild the library files with the batch file, one has to download pcre-8.42.zip from the official website, install the MinGW-w64 distribution, and modify the path in the batch file.

Could you help to check and suggest how to solve the internal error 200603061 ?

corpsman

• My Delphi / Lazarus Programming site ( www.Corpsman.de )
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 09:19:12 am »
Hello, i have had the same compiler warning / error, with custom c code that i have under my control.

When compiling the c-code in 32-Bit mode everything went fine and include is perfect (no error message), in x64 Bam.

Today i revisited my code and give it a new try, this time my gcc compiler gave me in x64 mode the following error message:
duplicate symbol .refptr.c_index in modules Byte_handler.o and COMState.o
after some googeling and rewriting the code i was able to eliminate the error message (which is more or less telling that i have double references of c_index, which was not the case, but there was an header file which had "extern const uint8_t c_index;" in it, that is eval anyway's  >:D )

=> Now i am able to include my precomiled c-code in x32 and x64 FPC without any error messages  :D
--
Just try it.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 10:47:44 am »
Trying with the external (LD) linker instead of the internal might also be something to try when you have problems with certain libraries. This is the parameter -Xe.

My experiences with the internal linker are generally better though. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2018