Recent

Author Topic: Importing Editor color settings  (Read 4191 times)

440bx

Importing Editor color settings
« on: August 13, 2018, 03:38:07 am »
Hello,

I currently have 2 Lazarus/FPC installations in separate virtual machines. 

From the first installation, I exported the Editor colors.  Now I would like to import those settings in the other installation but I don't see an "import" option anywhere (I'm sure it's there and I don't see it).

The question is: how do I import the settings I saved into another Lazarus installation ?

Thank you.
(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

taazz

Re: Importing Editor color settings
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 09:44:43 am »
Hello,

From the first installation, I exported the Editor colors.  Now I would like to import those settings in the other installation but I don't see an "import" option anywhere (I'm sure it's there and I don't see it).

The question is: how do I import the settings I saved into another Lazarus installation ?

Thank you.
copy the exported file in ot your config directory more info http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/UserSuppliedSchemeSettings#Adding_custom_schemes
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

440bx

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 03:49:58 pm »
copy the exported file in ot your config directory more info http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/UserSuppliedSchemeSettings#Adding_custom_schemes
Thank you.  Got it to work :)
(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 05:24:23 pm »
Hello,

If you do that once for each new install, you can also copy your entire EditorOptions.xml file (from the primary config path / see View > Ide Internals > About IDE).

Many of the xml files can be copied. But some contain file location (eg where fpc is). EnvironmentOptions is one that has file locations. Those are better not copied, but you can copy individual parts.

440bx

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 05:47:47 pm »
If you do that once for each new install, you can also copy your entire EditorOptions.xml file (from the primary config path / see View > Ide Internals > About IDE).

Many of the xml files can be copied. But some contain file location (eg where fpc is). EnvironmentOptions is one that has file locations. Those are better not copied, but you can copy individual parts.

Those are the "details" that are good to know upfront.  Thank you Martin.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018