Forum > Debugger

How to change the display to hexadecimal ?

(1/3) > >>

440bx:
Hello,

One very nice feature when debugging is that you can place the mouse over a data structure and after a second (or so) a window showing the values of all the fields in the data structure pops up.

The "problem" is that the values of integer fields (byte, word, dword, etc) are shown in decimal and I'd like to have them shown in hexadecimal.

Is there a way to configure that popup to show the values in hex instead of decimal ?

Thanks.

Martin_fr:
Only in the watches window. There you can use the properties of each watched value.

The debug hint does not have that.

440bx:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on August 11, 2018, 11:15:45 am ---Only in the watches window. There you can use the properties of each watched value.

The debug hint does not have that.

--- End quote ---
Thank you Martin.   I'll just have to get used to decimals.  My grocery store is like that too, I asked them to put the prices in hex but, they didn't go for it.

Ondrej Pokorny:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on August 11, 2018, 11:15:45 am ---The debug hint does not have that.

--- End quote ---

It has. See how TDateTime is implemented: unit "ide\debugmanager.pas" in constructor TDebugManager.Create(TheOwner: TComponent);

RegisterValueFormatter(skSimple, 'TDate', @DBGDateTimeFormatter);

- you can install your own value formatter for every type in your IDE extension package

ASerge:
Here's a simple package implementing what Ondrej Pokorny has pointed out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version