Recent

Author Topic: Resave forms with enabled i18n in lazarus 1.8.4 problem  (Read 3922 times)

netkiller

Resave forms with enabled i18n in lazarus 1.8.4 problem
« on: July 19, 2018, 09:56:14 am »
"Resave forms with enabled i18n" in lazarus 1.8.4 only open project's forms in editor, not force the creation of .lrj files, i have to manualy modify form's caption to force create .lrj files, my project is for lazarus 1.6.2, it use .lrt files.

Chronos

• PascalClassLibrary
Re: Resave forms with enabled i18n in lazarus 1.8.4 problem
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 03:36:51 pm »
Yes, thats sad that user needs to manage those .lrj files. I would expect that no such files need to be stored in version control system. That translation strings will be taken directly from .lfm and .pas files. But for some reason it doesn't work that way. If FPC or IDE needs to cache that strings to speedup .po file generation than why they are not stored in lib/bin directory as other temporary files but they are stored in the same place as .pas and .lfm files? It doesn't make sense and it is really not practical to have them in separate files. I hope they will be removed in future. But in Lazarus 2.0.0 they are still needed and there is no easy way how to regenerate them. Also if we use multiple workstations with different monitor DPI, that .lfm files will be updated on save with new DPI and all positions and sizes will be recalculated. Also LCLVersion string would be changed unnecessary. So just another waste of developers time indeed.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018