Recent

Author Topic: Zazarus Installation  (Read 2472 times)

jekronenfeld

Zazarus Installation
« on: July 18, 2018, 05:38:17 pm »
I have been working with Delphi 7 under various versions of Windows for years. I now have to work on a linux machine.  So I am trying to set up Ubuntu and Lazarus.  Ubuntu (version 18.04) was straightforward though I am sure that I don't really understand most of the complexities "under the hood" so to speak.  Lazarus has me stumped however.  All efforts seem to start off well but end up not working (missing or erroneous dependencies and/or complex instructions to edit some script which I do not understand).  Dan anyone point me to a document or a site that provides simple, complete instructions on how to load and set up Lazarus.  Any help would be appreciated.

tudi_x

Re: Zazarus Installation
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 05:44:36 pm »
off-topic but would you consider Linux Mint 19 XFCE (based on 18.04) for the workstation?
if yes please find below a flawless installation on this OS:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/BGRA_Installation_on_Linux
Lazarus 2.0.2 64b on Debian LXDE 10

heejit

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 06:05:56 pm »

heejit

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 06:13:21 pm »
it is same suggested by tudl_x

Trenatos

• MarcusFernstrom.com
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 07:46:27 pm »
I can vouch for fpcupdeluxe, it's worked very nicely for me on all platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac), with the occasional bug that the fpcupdeluxe guys fixed fast.

zoimutante

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 08:40:57 pm »
You are not alone on this, get lazarus up and running on most distros is not that simple as make clean bigide suggest.
Distros are not standardized  across each other. I just compile lazarus and run trough some dependencies missing poblem, and fix all, after success compile it key board don't work perfect in the IDE, and also it don't call the terminal emulator after compile, just the debug, almost useless (Debian Strech and XFCE). But it work fall less on ubuntu and unity. Why ? Don't have a clue...

Not a lazarus fault, for sure... but it is frustrating anyway, special to beginners dealing with link problems even after follow step by step a some wiki.  Lazarus 1.8.0 is up an running on Raspberry PI3. Will not change it for a long time...

af0815

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 10:32:35 pm »
Any help would be appreciated.
What is exactly your problem ?
regards
Andreas

TinyPortal © 2005-2018