Recent

Author Topic: Problem in trunk - toolbar content becomes invisible when form maximizes?  (Read 8803 times)

MISV

Hi

Can you reproduce this problem:

Toolbars on a Panel aligned to top. When window is maximized using the green apple button on window caption to maximize the content of the toolbars disappear.

I want to report it as bug, but I am trying to specify as much as possible. A few of my toolbuttons on my toolbars redraw when clicked but most do not.

In conjunction with - the tabs in a TPageControl aligned just below the tpanel containing the toolbars has a paint problem when window is maximized - but that is resolved by clicking the tabs.

balazsszekely

@MISV
Can you reproduce this problem
Yes I can. Just open OPM then go to the toolbar in the bottom. Suddenly the content of the toolbar disappear, then appears back again but at a higher position. If you move the mouse some of the buttons are redrawn, but not all of them.

MISV

Submitted this:
https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=34002

But if anyone can provide better test cases I hope you will comment on it :)

balazsszekely

@MISV
You should attach a small test project(bug tracker) where the issues is clearly reproducible. This will increase the chance to be fixed.

MISV

I would love to see a demo test case for this. I wish I had luck creating one... I have tried for many hours simplifying my own project / creating a new demo... But not so easy...

In my real project - not only do I see the problem reported here. I also have another toolbar (in the left side) where child controls including toolbuttons go invisible for no good reason known to me (works in Lazarus/Carbon and Delphi/Windows) - I think/hope the two issues are related.

If I then click where the controls are supposed to be - they become visible for a time. Calling repaint explicitly does not seem to help much. (But maybe calling at wrong times compared to when they become invisible...)

@GetMem - you mention OPM - do you have a reproducable steps to see the problem?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 06:54:46 pm by MISV »

MISV

Here is a demo project which demonstrates multiple issues. It uses Mac/Cocoa fpcupdeluxe "trunk" and there is no real code in this project.

1) Demonstrates toolbuttons becoming invisible until clicked (just click on the top toolbar to expose them)

2) Demonstrates TPageControl tabsheets misdrawn until clicked

3) Demonstrates TEdit looking very weird with black background until clicked

4) Demonstrates some captions/labels etc. are drawn upside down some places

To see all issues simply
- run project
- doubleclick window title bar (minimizes to dock)
- open from mac dock.

There are more ways to trigger above errors, but the above is the easiest to make all the problems visible in one go :)

I may try to simplify the case further - but for now I would appreciate it anyone can duplicate the problems using my test case.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 12:34:43 am by MISV »

MISV

Together with Lazarus developer current conclusion seems to be that the problem can be duplicated by having a visible virtualstringtree and that somehow affects other controls in Lazarus/Cocoa. (I am not sure where the "blame" lies, virtual treeview or cocoa implementation)

I have therefore also posted the bug report here:
https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=34002

and
https://github.com/blikblum/VirtualTreeView-Lazarus/issues/8
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 12:19:40 am by MISV »

MISV

For reference, in the bug report, Dimitry explains that it is the clipping support in Cocoa that causes the issue (since virtual treeview uses that and the incomplete support for clipping then affects a wider area)

MISV

Crossing fingers this issue soon get resolved. I thought almost everyone were using virtual tree view, but I guess not :) It is a wonderful control though useful for many things - in particular if you have a lot of data to show.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018