Forum > Jobs

Looking for a team of devs, ideally commercial to assist a project

<< < (2/2)

cpalx:
For Frelance, me.

JS_IT:
Thanks for the interest all.
It does look like we will be starting a project site with freelancers helping out/subscribing etc.
Does anyone have any ideas about how such a consortium would work?

valdir.marcos:

--- Quote from: JS_IT on September 14, 2018, 01:49:21 pm ---Thanks for the interest all.
It does look like we will be starting a project site with freelancers helping out/subscribing etc.
Does anyone have any ideas about how such a consortium would work?
--- End quote ---
Begin by deciding whether the project will be short, medium or long, whether it will use only Delphi or only Lazarus, or both, or migrate from Delphi to Lazarus.

Decide whether the project will use none, one or several database engines and report this before hiring people.

Inform the version of everything (SO, Delphi, Lazarus, (R)DBMS, etc).

Decide how the project will be developed (Windows, Linux, Mac, etc) and on which platforms will be delivered (Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, desktop, server, web, mobile, etc).

Find out how much money is available (budget) to be invested in the project as a whole and for how long.

If possible, hire a project manager or a team leader, or both, or a person who plays both roles. They are not simple programmers, they are experienced professionals that leads and deals daily with people and technology.

Legally, some people from the community are available and would agree to move to London, even temporarily. This is very common.

If you need or prefer young people, consider that you might need to train them on some technologies, specially Pascal ones (Delphi, Lazarus, Free Pascal, etc).

Divide the project in stages and prepare a schedule.

Getting a team for internal or remote development does not make much difference since the project is well designed. It's just a matter of managing the project, the goals, the time frame, the dead line, the money available (budget) and the group of developers (team) over time.

LemonParty:
I can join to your project, but I can't move to London.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version