Forum > General

[SOLVED] Lazarus IDE: last used projects list via taskbar contextmenu (Windows)

(1/2) > >>

Hartmut:
Don't know whether this is a Windows-problem or a Lazarus IDE problem.

I have 4 Lazarus installations on Windows 7 (32 bit): 1.4.4, 1.6.2, 1.8.0 and 1.8.4. While a Lazarus IDE ist started, it gets an entry in the Windows taskbar (at the bottom of the screen). When I click right mouse on that entry, I get a contextmenu (see attached screenshots):
 - IDE 1.8.0 always shows my last used projects and I can pick one of them to load it. Very comfortable (because the taskbar entry is never hidden by a couple of windows).
 - IDE 1.6.2 formerly was the same. But now this function is dead there. This list is no more updated.
 - IDE 1.8.4 shows only projects, which habe been newly created in 1.8.4. All other projects are not shown there.
 - IDE 1.4.4 does not have this list at all.

Strange thing. I searched for an IDE setting about this, but did not find something. I find this function very comfortable and would like to have it on all my IDEs.
Does anybody know how to do this? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I know that in IDE there is Menu "Project / Open recent project" which I use as a workaround.

ASerge:

--- Quote from: Hartmut on July 16, 2018, 03:47:24 pm ---Don't know whether this is a Windows-problem or a Lazarus IDE problem.

--- End quote ---
I think it's no problem. Read this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/shell/taskbar-extensions#jump-lists.
This is an adaptation of how you use the apps.

JuhaManninen:
AFAIK there are no changes between 1.8.0 and 1.8.4 that intend to remove the list.
Could you please bisect using SVN and find the revision that causes it.

Hartmut:

--- Quote from: ASerge on July 16, 2018, 04:11:45 pm ---I think it's no problem. Read this ... This is an adaptation of how you use the apps.

--- End quote ---
For me it is a (small) problem. I read your link about jump lists, but I did not understand, what you want me to say. How can I enable this function for all of my Lazarus IDE's (e.g. something in the Windows registry or another Windows setting or a Lazarus IDE setting)?

Hartmut:

--- Quote from: JuhaManninen on July 16, 2018, 04:24:06 pm ---AFAIK there are no changes between 1.8.0 and 1.8.4 that intend to remove the list.

--- End quote ---
The list is not removed in 1.8.4, but reduced to projects, which habe been newly created in 1.8.4. All other projects, which habe been loaded into IDE 1.8.4 are not shown there.

--- Quote ---Could you please bisect using SVN and find the revision that causes it.

--- End quote ---
You're asking a lot of work. I will try do it but need some help:
 - how can I get a specific lazarus revision by SVN? (I'm a bloody beginner to SVN)
 - must I download always the whole lazarus sources? (my internet speed is very slow)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version